Menu
Ralphporter
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Retentions

Have been a virgin media customer since it was Cable and Wireless, called today to explain that I was considering leaving since TalkTalk do such a better deal, VM prices have constantly risen over the last few years and it's so annoying that new customer deals offer so much better value than the ones us poor old loyal saps are on!

Must say I don't feel from my experience in talking to the retentions team that they even gave a hoot that I'm leaving, no effort to retain me at all... It's such a shame and I really didn't want to leave, it's odd that VM are so willing to offer deals to attract new customers but seem indifferent to retaining their long standing loyal ones, that's not good business surely.

0 Kudos
Paz61
Tuning in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions

Hi Ralph,

Rather than threatening to leave have you tried negotiating with them?

I renegotiate my deal every 12 months.

I've been with VM since 1994 when it was Cabeltel.

Regards.

'Political Correctness' is an evil totalitarian ideology aiming to curtail freedom of speech and stunt freedom of thought by using Freudian brainwashing techniques.
It is like a cancer on our society and if left untreated and uncured the very least it will eventually do is blur our ability to see reality.
0 Kudos
Ralphporter
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions

Hi,

Well I did actually do just that, I explained that I was thinking of leaving and detailed exactly why, went through the offer I had found, pointed out the considerable price difference and additional benefits but was met with total disinterest to be honest, not sure what else I could have done....

Best Regards,

Ralph.

0 Kudos