Menu
Nickybotty
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Retentions

Can anyone at virgin tell me why they're prepared to let a customer of 10+ years leave with no real incentive to stay? Didn't try one bit to get us to stay,strange business model...
0 Kudos
haxed
Joining in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions

I haven't been with Virgin for as long as yourself but I felt the same when i called a few weeks ago. Today is the last day before my 30 days notice is up as well.

0 Kudos
Jaredb
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well...I managed to get a retention deal....but after the first bill came in it turned out to be total crock! trying to get it sorted but will have to leave in the end probably anyway. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nickybotty

Happy Halloween and thanks for joining us on the forums Smiley Happy

I do understand that if you've initially been given an offer you're not happy with when you call in to discuss this with us that this can be disappointing Smiley Sad

I can see that you have since looked into alternatives with us though witch means you're now staying with us and that's freakishly awesome Smiley Happy

Please keep in touch if you need anything else and don't be a stranger round the forums!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Mistercee
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have been with VM and NTL before them for 20+ years. Happy with service, but noticed deals for new customers significantly better than mine. After researching Sky, decided to move. My first call to leave met with a disappointing response so told VM to disconnect. Some days later I received a call from a nice guy in retentions. Offered a deal similar to the Sky package and even gave me a few days to think it over. Result is I am staying with VM, better broadband but despite tivo not as good as Sky Q box. Now I have got to cancel New Sky contract!
0 Kudos