Flag for a moderator

Retentions

Absolute rubbish customer service
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions

If you have come here looking for help, it would be useful if you can explain why this is your opinion.

The Retentions department have a good reputation.

teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Ernie_C wrote:

If you have come here looking for help, it would be useful if you can explain why this is your opinion.

The Retentions department have a good reputation.

I always thought that untill about 10 minutes ago when I looked at my first bill since changing my services and begin a new 12 month contract, it seems like they have have decided not to give any of the loyalty discount they promised over the phone, another phone call due to try and sort it out :-)

---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
nathanl3600
Up to speed
Message 4 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

Completely understand you have not been given what you should have, easiest way to sort this out is to contact us again on 150 and speak to the customer relations team who will be happy to resolve your issues and get this sorted.

Nathan 

Currently work within Customer Relations my views are of my own and not Virgin Media

Nathan
Currently working for Customer Relations VM, my views are of my own and not Virgin Media's
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 5 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nathan

I managed to call in, apparently the loyalty discount was on the system - but a problem with my account/system meant it was not being added.

A credit for the amount was added to my account to cover this bill, and the error had to be corrected by starting over again as if starting a new contract again, fingers crossed all OK now, but I doubt I'll know for sure untill the 7th next month when my next bill is generated.
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
0 Kudos
frank_gm
Community elder
Message 6 of 28
Flag for a moderator

teabag wrote:
Hi Nathan

I managed to call in, apparently the loyalty discount was on the system - but a problem with my account/system meant it was not being added.

A credit for the amount was added to my account to cover this bill, and the error had to be corrected by starting over again as if starting a new contract again, fingers crossed all OK now, but I doubt I'll know for sure untill the 7th next month when my next bill is generated.

That does not surprise me at all. I have a good opinion of Retentions but my opinion of the VM billing system is unprintable.

Nice to be able to post again, after their mistake (removed by the Censorship team).
¡No Pasarán!
0 Kudos
jaynec
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 28
Flag for a moderator

After 12 years of being with VM I've decided to leave due to beingf ar too expensive. I spoke to retentions telling them I want to leave and go elsewhere. The woman I spoke to thought she could speak to me as if I was a 5 year old. Yes I do know about broadband speed and everything else!!!. I told her I was going elsewhere in which she took great delight of slating other providers and seemed a tad bitter that I wasn't staying with VM. If you lowered your prices I wouldn't have the need to. I am now waiting for my cut off date to arrive and join Sky.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi jaynec

I apologise you're unhappy with the way the call was handled the other day when you called into us Smiley Sad

I appreciate you taking the time to let us know here and would like to welcome you to the community. 

I am sorry to hear you're leaving us. I'm going to send a private message to you to see if I can support your further here and it would be great if you could get back to me on this. You can find this in the envelope next to your forum name.

If there's anything else you can think of that you need support with here, please let us know.

Kind regards and speak soon.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Ksinghrai
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 28
Flag for a moderator

I called 150 to cancel my contract  due to the regular price increases, spoke to lady who tried to convince me to stay, but the bottom line was that it was still to expensive.  She said that she would confrim via email but i haven`t received any emails,  can you assist please, either in retaining or disconnecting.

thanks

K

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Hi K

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch. It's great that you've found the forums and I hope you're enjoying taking a look around at the community we have here Smiley Happy

I can see that you have called regarding the price change and do appreciate you have looked into this with our colleagues. I do believe that, given what was offered and based on what you have service wise with us, that the offer was a fair one and the teams did look at the best option they could based on what you currently subscribe to at this time.

If you are thinking of changing the current line up in any way then please get back in touch with us on 150 or 0345 454 1111 where I'm sure they'd be happy to take another look at this with you.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos