Menu
Doro
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Retentions; should they be re-named?

Totally shocked and appalled by so called 'Retentions' when I called a few days ago.  

I discovered I am out of contract when calling to discuss why my package price had risen and was told to call Retentions.  The person I spoke to suggested I took international calling off and gave me a price ('the lowest he could go') which was more than I have been paying up till now with the international calling.  He was brusque whilst I had been courteous. Ending the call on: 'do you want to keep your telephone number?  if so give us your PAC number when you have one'.  I have been with them since they took over NTL.  So now looking around and can barely believe that customer loyalty is not valued, to say the least.  Virgin have gone down in my estimation.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
ItsCraigo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retentions; should they be re-named?

Funny you should say that. I've just had the same exact experience today!

I've given my 30 days notice. Thinking about it, I was told that Virgin couldn't hold me on a contract because of the high utilisation I suffer. 

Crazy isn't it? Sky have a good deal for around £50 for everything for their new customers which isn't as cheap as Virgin new customer deal, but since I can't get those deals, why am I willing to suffer the extra costs?

End of the day, float around them all. No loyalty in this business anymore. Another good deal is Freeview and standalone internet. Massive saving over everything out there!

All Replies
ItsCraigo
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Funny you should say that. I've just had the same exact experience today!

I've given my 30 days notice. Thinking about it, I was told that Virgin couldn't hold me on a contract because of the high utilisation I suffer. 

Crazy isn't it? Sky have a good deal for around £50 for everything for their new customers which isn't as cheap as Virgin new customer deal, but since I can't get those deals, why am I willing to suffer the extra costs?

End of the day, float around them all. No loyalty in this business anymore. Another good deal is Freeview and standalone internet. Massive saving over everything out there!

Doro
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi ItsCraigo,

How interesting!  I find it entirely peculiar.  My utilisation is pretty low actually, so my interpretation is they are only interested in customers who want the big packages.  But after all these years of being with them, it leaves a very bad taste in my mouth!  I am looking at my options too and I think I have found a package / provider that will be good for me, so will be progressing it in the next day or two.  I think you're right, it may be a matter of switching every couple of years....

I read somewhere that they have been taken over (maybe that's old news, I don't know) but certainly a marked change of valuing customer loyalty for whatever reason.  

0 Kudos