Menu
steeev0
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Retentions experience

On 16th Jan I gave my 30 days notice as the price of my package was increasing beyond my budget. The rep I spoke to couldn't budge on price so I went ahead with the cancellation.

3 days later (19th Jan) I get a call from retentions, again there was little movement on price for my existing package however having asked about broadband only I was given a good price and I said I would think about it.

On 1st Feb I called to accept the broadband only offer. The rep said they couldn't do that price and someone from retentions would call within 24 hours. 

So, the 6th of Feb comes along - still no call. I phone Virgin and get put through to retentions. The guy there says he can't do the price I was quoted and there was no notes regarding the price I was offered. (A quick check of a recording of the call would confirm it but I guess Virgin would say they didn't record it). He then said he'd get the guy who spoke to me on Jan 19th to call within 48hrs. Guess what? No call!!!!

Great customer service I don't think...

Having been with Virgin for over 15yrs I would have expected better. Much better.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions experience

Hi steeev0, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that a promotional deal is no longer available for you Smiley Sad 

When we offer special discounts, they are usually one off or short time promotions so even a day's delay could render the offer as unavailable. 

I understand it's annoying when you're looking for a better deal. 

Has the agent who advised you that they would call you back done this yet? 

Have you been able to negotiate a better deal or have you left the cancellation go through? 

Come back and keep us posted. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
steeev0
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions experience

Hi Kath, unfortunately no one ever got back to me. I had to reschedule the cancellation as I needed to keep the services meantime. It would have helped if the agent had said I only had a certain amount of time to accept the offer. I'll know better in future...😭
0 Kudos