Menu
Munee86
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Retentions deal not honoured

I am extremely saddened and disappointed today. After almost 20 years of being a loyal customer with virgin media, since the days of 56k dial up with NTL, I have finally decided to leave this company. I called in on Black Friday and was offered a deal by the retentions team. The deal was agreed and confirmed by the agent named George many times. After receiving a paperless bill, the numbers didn't add up so I contacted the retentions team once again, querying the amount. I was told by the agent they cannot give me the deal that was discussed with George. I spent 3 hours on the phone this day with virgin media. I spoke to one of the managers and explained my conversation with the retentions team agent and was told the conversation would be listened to and I would receive a call back from this manager on the 28th November. I did not receive any call back hence decided to contact virgin media myself. I explained the situation and the agent told me they should honour that deal if this is what they told us. She put me through to customer relations where Helen told me they cannot honour this deal agreed with by George on Black Friday, as this is what her manager Gary at the teeside department told her. It saddened me very much to learn that a company I have been with for nearly 20 years can treat its customers in such a manner. I received different information from different employees within the same department. As much as it upsets me to end this decades old relationship with virgin media, i guess I also feel a sense of relief. Nobody wants to be with a company that cannot honour the deals they sell. Loyalty does not pay anymore. Today I was offered a deal that was £17 more expensive than the exact same deal for a new customer. This is what almost 20 years of loyalty gets you with virgin media.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions deal not honoured

Hi Munee86

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the offer you were given by the retentions team.

I appreciate you called us on Black Friday but we do not offer Black Friday deals. Just deals that are available to the agents to apply at that time. Sometimes retentions do have flash offers or sales but in this instance it does look like the offer given to you by George was incorrectly offered.

I understand that you have called since you posted to review this with our teams and they have looked into this as much as they can for you to support but have been unable to replicate the offer George advised about.

If you are looking for this to be taken further then this would then need to be raised as a complaint with our teams.

If you have not yet been in touch with us to do so then you can do so either via writing into our complaints team on the address you can find on our Contact Us page. Alternatively you can call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 to arrange this with us.

Please keep us posted on how this goes.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

steve502
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

No real surprises here to honest. i too called V.M. some time ago as my bills were slowly increasing, i was offered a better deal / package to stay with V.M. which i accepted only to later find upon receipt of my latest bill that i am now being charged for each phone call which resulted in doubling my monthly bill.

Upon contacting the helpline I was informed that this is what I had agreed to even though to the best of my knowledge i do not recall anyone telling me this would be the case. I too am a long standing customer of virgin media, some ten years+ yet when I suggested I might want to terminate my contract with V.M. i was informed there would be a "penalty" of some £220 to pay as apparently I am under contract to V.M. until next October. So Virgin Media, you have me over a barrel, you are going to be taking money from a very reluctant and unhappy customer for the the next ten months but believe me when that ten months is up you will be losing an otherwise loyal customer!!!

0 Kudos
d1ck
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Munee86,
         Just tried to reply to you but it was blocked by ntl, my advice is to call up ntl complaints option, and say you are unhappy with the service and are leaving, I admit another offer is worthless, like the previous, I do know myself through experience, and it is not nice, Ive left tonight with supposedly immediate effect, 2 x overcharged refunds in place £17 ea, no more dd inc Decembers. After retentions downright lied to me, cut my phone off so I could not call them, and carried on charging me for 3 months, then claimed it was a faulty line, but had to apologise to me, and admit I was lied to, here is the clincher I  was read an internal memo word for word as to what was agreed,  UNBELIEVABLE. I asked if the phone was cut off and broadband slowed for spite, this was denied, but I am not so sure.... something stinks about this outfit ,best to get shut imoa. Guess what Ive just heard, there is a price increase in March next year, and one in July when Sky put their prices up, that's not all,  possibly one in October also, changes are coming to the programmes offered. But it is all done to improve your customer experience.....yes right. I might be lying though, can you tell ? I cant , but I do not lie, I don't  have to, unlike some. Hope you get revenge before Christmas, you will feel a lot better in yourself, believe me, if they have lied to me again I will sue in the court for breach of contract, damages, loss of contracts etc. This is absolutely shocking treatment to loyal customers, something needs to be done about this,

All the best    D1ck.

Munee86
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I was absolutely shocked when the customer relations lady told me it will cost me £35 for 50mb broadband and a phone line, when they had vivid 100mb broadband advertised for new customers at £23. Upon querying this I was told virgin media had given us a discount in previous years and this is how they justify charging absurd prices to loyal customers who have stayed with them for almost 20 years.
I was also offered 50mb of broadband and a phone line for £17.25 and later was told it would cost £35. Did the price of line rental and broadband suddenly cost virgin media twice as much? Or is this simply virgin media being greedy and charging its customers inflated prices? I believe it to be the latter.
Every time i have rang virgin media, each agent provides conflicting information. There is no consistency in the information provided and quite frankly makes virgin media look like a joke. I would have thought the agents received the same training, however it seems like they offer whatever they feel like offering depending on their departments location and mood.
Somebody from the management was going to ring me back regarding the issue but that call never came. With management like this it is no surprise the agents behave in this manner. Management are certainly leading by example in this case.
Our services have been disconnected and to be honest I am glad to be rid of virgin media and wish I had made this decision sooner after experiencing this shambolic and unprofessional behaviour from its employees.
Zebb
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Agreed. Retentions say anything to 'keep' you but when the next bill comes in, it's nothing like what was agreed and when you call they say 'there's nothing on your notes'. So, check your bill carefully. Probably have to record all conversations with VM.

d1ck
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Nice one munee86 power to the people.......

I asked to be cut off 29/9/16 as had sky offer 17mb @ £18.50/mnth with £50 credit in 3 months.
retentions offered £18.75 / mnth 40mb no phone to match sky offer.
I accepted ......stupidly........
Phone was cut off within two hours of offer even though it should have been active till end of month
broadband was cut to 40mb as agreed BUT I was charged £45.50 for next 3 months
I was still being charged for line rental / evening & weekend calls although phone was cut off.
£45.50 for a broadband only service of 40mb thanks for that NTL great price structure hope
you had a good time with my money and did not waste it on booze & fags like I THINK YOU DID.
Because I know I couldn't afford to.
WOKE UP THIS MORNING & FELT CALM, RELAXED THERE WAS LIKE A ROSE TINT TO EVERYTHINK I LOOKED AT, I WAS SINGING IN THE RAIN.......What a was it ?
I have been cut off now thank god as of this morning .....do not yet know if I have been refunded
the money NTL robbed from my bank account. Should be a law against that
I know in the 21 years with this mob I have never had a freebie, they don't exist but you get ripped off on a regular basis, its their policy.customer care doesn't exist, premium call lines for
complaints, passed from one operator to another sitting next to them while the first sits smirking,
knowing you are being charged £5 for the call because its not included.
I am online with sky now typing this,line rental only 18mb unlimited broadband will be charged £5
by sky for the call to NTL to get cut off but was worth it, NTL did cut me off at midnight the same
day as the call with refunds as well so it can be done

all the best munee86 that's if you see this as it sounds as if you too have done the very same.....

0 Kudos
Munee86
Tuning in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm sorry to hear you have experienced similar problems. You do have the right to cancel within 30 days of being notified of a price increase without incurring any penalties. If anyone informs you otherwise they are misinformed.
0 Kudos