Menu
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Retentions, all they do is bully you and lie

Here is my short story

I have had nothing but issues with both my mobile and broadband package from virmin. The final straw was last month when my over subb area gained an outage that cost me time and money sending in a piece of work to my work. Because the internet went down I was unable to send in my document... I then realised I had tethering on my virgin mobile. This I was quickly noted that this had been removed many moons ago when they changed the terms and conditions. Probably page 6 of that long wall of txt.

A phone call that took nearly 1 hour to virmin on 150 or 567 or whatever it was i got sum arrogant ####### preaching his warez to me about how good virmin is. I asked him why my tethering had been removed; he told me that it’s now taken out as it’s not "fair Usage". I told him that i only used it on rare occasions and this was one of them. He told me that virmin do don’t tether any more. Because of the constant calls to the call centre regarding issues which would take forever to post here i decided to leave virmin. My contract is on a rolling one with unlimited everything at the time. I asked this person if he could offer me anything better than I had now and all he did was basically offer me what is on the webpages. This was not what I wanted to hear for loyal service. He told me that I would not get any tethering from anyone as it’s not part of any deals. WELL GUESS WHAT SHERLOCK. I have the option on my new 12 month contract to get it as an "EXTRA" on my new phone company. The prices for all this is only £9 a month compared to the rip off you were charging me for unlimited everything.

So now I am happy on my new mobile, the 4G is unbelievable. Wish I had left sooner,

Now my broadband

This morning I got the mail opened it up to see yet again price hype, well I will not pay for this yet again. I have had 3 outages in the last month with unreliable service. To which I have been refunded 2 times. This still is intermittent at high peak times. I was told that I wouldn’t get a better deal than virmins offer so I best stay with them. I told him that I had read the money expert’s article about cancelling the contract to which replied you can’t. Then I told him to look at my contract which ends next month and he didn’t know what to say.

So my contract with virmin will end on the 25 of October. I can’t wait. I have already got my new ISP sorted at a cheaper deal per month. I do not need the speed I just need good reliable and cheap BB internet, this is what virmin cannot give me.

This happened also about 12 months ago when someone above retentions phoned me and she was quite nice. She offered me a deal that kept me with virmin for another 12 months. Unfortunately I’ll be signing up for my new ISP when I get back of my holidays so all I can say is good riddance to virmin on both my BB and mobile

Basically i have put in 3 complaints from this company about different issues, one being their down and out lies. I was promised things that have never still to this day been fullfilled. They threadten you with bumf to try and keep you with them. All this scaremongering does not work with me. I will be taking my 3 complaints to the ombudsman as i got yet another letter last week saying that my complaint is taking longer than expected and i have the right to take this further to the ombudsman. Well i guess i will

Just my rant, i would not reccoemend virmin to anyone that wants a comitment to the truth, what they say is nothing like what they do in real life

There are other ISP mobile operators out there do your research before paying for a contract that does not fulfil your needs

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Helpful Answers
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retentions, all they do is bully you and lie

"He told me that I would not get any tethering from anyone as it’s not part of any deals."

Really?

3, Vodafone, EE, O2 and BT, all allow tethering. Even Tesco and TalkTalk do.
Which UK mobile networks allow you to tether?

Well done for switching.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes I know

I got it as an add-on with 3 if I need it

I get unlimited everything for £9 a month, this #### knows nothing, just a scare monger to try and keep you. virmin cannot give you 4g even after 2 years of them promising it "next Year"

I am glad I left. I bet you anything I wont be getting any one ringing me to give me a deal to stay with them. I still get nuicence calls from their call centre regarding my bill for my mobile. I was told I would get an invoice on the 8th and I said when I get that I will pay my final subs and duly go

skeggman
Up to speed
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mickey_etc,

Just to back you up, everyone I have ever dealt with at Virgin Media has exclusively either been incompetent, unpleasant or a massive liar (with the exception of the man who swapped my Tivo box over a while ago, he was OK - Tivo was still rubbish though.....). I too look forward to a VM free life from 12th October, I'm even considering just paying the incorrect final bill and swallowing the £18 extra just to be rid of this horrible company.

All Replies
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

"He told me that I would not get any tethering from anyone as it’s not part of any deals."

Really?

3, Vodafone, EE, O2 and BT, all allow tethering. Even Tesco and TalkTalk do.
Which UK mobile networks allow you to tether?

Well done for switching.

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes I know

I got it as an add-on with 3 if I need it

I get unlimited everything for £9 a month, this #### knows nothing, just a scare monger to try and keep you. virmin cannot give you 4g even after 2 years of them promising it "next Year"

I am glad I left. I bet you anything I wont be getting any one ringing me to give me a deal to stay with them. I still get nuicence calls from their call centre regarding my bill for my mobile. I was told I would get an invoice on the 8th and I said when I get that I will pay my final subs and duly go

DABhand
Super solver
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I can empathise with most of what you said, but why the constant use of the word "virmin" I know it is a play of words between virgin and vermin, but the fact you try to use it whenever you can is kinda discouraging, and shows you as not a nice person.

Obviously your work isn't covered by the contract you have for your broadband, I am sure the usual business account fans will tell you you need one to do your business when that isn't true will arrive, however you cannot blame them for that loss - I can understand it was a massive inconvenience definitely, but you know and I know nothing is guaranteed for business actions.

I like you am a bit discouraged with no tethering with VM mobile, as it can be a handy backup, so I agree on that regard.

But as said, you do come across as an angry person who in my honest opinion only wants their own way and isn't open to compromise. Especially when you mark your own post as helpful in a way to try and get people to notice your post.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

I am just an angry person that has been lied to on 3 separate occasions, When they promise to sort out your issues and will follow up with call backs and they never do then this is unprofessional. these were head supervisors on the tech side of things

yes I am angry with Virmin for the 3rd price rise, they are now not as competitive as they were when I first went with them all those years ago.

there are better deals out there, you just need to do your research and perhaps use one of the many compare sites.

I am angry with the arrogant Y@nk that told me a bunch of lies then tried to tell me you wont get a better deal outside Virmin

I am angry about when I cancelled the contract I had after a cooling period with another supplier, I was told all will be right, well they screwed up the payments and took me 2 days to get it sorted.

To be totally honest I am glad to be moving to another  company, where the customer gets a better service than what you get here.

DABhand
Super solver
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

You may have been lied to, which is bad of course, but does that mean you have to racially attack Americans by calling them the Y word?

Do you not see how you are acting on this forum the last few days, sure you are trying hard to dissuade people away from VM but you are doing it in a nasty way, you have had a couple of people agreeing with you, but on a whole I would bet that you have annoyed more people than you have gained support from.

Technically it is a 2nd price rise, one of them was because of another provider upping prices for their Sports channels back in June/July.

I agree 2 price rises in 1 year is bad, but at least there is the option to leave for free in a contract because of one.

As for competitiveness, I seen from another post you got broadband for just over £18 a month for a year, which means you got a deal from retentions at one point. You wrongly said everyone must be over paying, because you were given a deal to keep you as a customer.

I am guessing you are an angry person with everything in real life, doesn't really get you anywhere and it doesn't actually benefit you emotionally and mentally, it is the opposite and it will wear you down more.

You could always start by not using the Y word to describe the American you spoke to.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

The only person that seems annoyed is you

Now I guess I got my very own internet forum stalker. LMAO

"Do you not see how you are acting on this forum the last few days, sure you are trying hard to dissuade people away from VM "

Yes if I can show the disgruntled  customers their is life away from Virmin I will.

"Technically it is a 2nd price rise, one of them was because of another provider upping prices for their Sports channels back in June/July."

technical or not its still  price increases

"As for competitiveness, I seen from another post you got broadband for just over £18 a month for a year, which means you got a deal from retentions at one point"

Actually it was £15 for the first 8 months or so then it went up with the first price increase. If your happy paying double what I was then fine, nothing wrong with informing others how much you can get the price for.

I am guessing you are an angry person with everything in real life"

actually I'm not. I am a pretty reasonable guy that enjoys life and giving others the benefit of my knowledge, which is what I am doing here.

"You could always start by not using the Y word to describe the American you spoke to."

ok ill call him an arrogant BOY from the US of A, Is that better for you?

DABhand
Super solver
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Not really a stalker no, you posted on a public forum expect replies. Oh and I am certainly not annoyed far from it, why would I be annoyed?

Technical or not doesn't come in to the 2nd price rise, as it was the result of a 3rd party that forced Virgin to up theirs. Simple logic.

I am not paying double for my broadband, however you seem to be delusional that somehow your deal is a price everyone can get it at. That is just wrong.

You are unreasonable, considering the fact you used the Y word for a start, it is terrible word to use to talk about Americans but somehow you have flippantly ignored that fact and find it ok, which means to me you are not a nice guy outside of this forum if you think using that kind of language is acceptable.

So again I will put it to you, you from what I have seen and read on here and the way you act, you are a nasty person. And that is my opinion.

Majide!
0 Kudos
Mickey_etc
Up to speed
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Whatever dude. From the posts I have done and the posts I have seen
There are a lot of people that have had bad times with virmin
The bad customer support
The lies
The over subbed areas
The over pricing

Glad my phone line is being installed and I will be 😊 off away from virmin. Anyhow I'm having a great time in Portugal with free internet and 4g from my new isp. This couldn't have been possible if I had my virgin mobile

Oh happy days
skeggman
Up to speed
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Mickey_etc,

Just to back you up, everyone I have ever dealt with at Virgin Media has exclusively either been incompetent, unpleasant or a massive liar (with the exception of the man who swapped my Tivo box over a while ago, he was OK - Tivo was still rubbish though.....). I too look forward to a VM free life from 12th October, I'm even considering just paying the incorrect final bill and swallowing the £18 extra just to be rid of this horrible company.