I decided on Saturday to take up the online BT Infinity offer of Phone, 50Mb Broadband and BT Sport for £30pm so called VM up to cancel. I got put through to Retentions who offered me the same package for a slight reduction in my current monthly rate. It was still a bit higher than the BT offer but I've had no major issues with VM so I thought about it for a while, rang back on the same day, spoke to a different person and accepted the offer.
On Tuesday I got an email from VM with a new contract but the price (£55) was substantially higher than agreed with Retentions. So I called them back, spoke to 2 different people, who spoke to their managers, and who came back and said that they didn't understand how the original agent was able to offer me that cheaper rate and that they couldn't sanction it. Instead, they've left a message with the original agent to contact me, but so far, I've not heard anything. In the meantime, the BT offer has expired (Mon evening).
So, I'm in a dilemma as to whether to wait for the agent to contact me again or should I just go ahead and cancel again. Anyone else had a similar experience?
no I'm afraid it's still not been sorted out yet. I waited for the call back from Retentions as promised but heard nothing for a week. I emailed with no response, then called again. I spoke to someone who went through it all again, found in my case notes that, indeed, the original offer from Retentions had been £36.99 pm instead of the £55 pm contract that was sent. She said that VM would stand by the original offer and that she just needed to get clearance from her manager and would send me a revised contract by email. Two days later I got a contract for £48pm!
I've now called and spoken to 4 different people, wasted hours on the phone and 3 weeks later I'm still no nearer to getting this closed. I now bitterly regret accepting the offer from Retentions and wish I had just stuck to my guns and cancelled VM and taken up the BT Infinity offer.
If you can, can you please help sort out this mess,