Menu
malic
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Retentions - Incompetent & Economic with the Truth

Hi,

You'd laugh and wait for the business to go broke if it didn't have such a good product!

Thurs 26 Jan 17 called Retentions (Swansea answered)

Me: Interested in new V6 box. How can I get one?

SR: New contract needed, I'll calculate. 3 mins later: new contract will be £10 less than existing (figures approx).plus install and activate fees

Me: Great but suspect you've got it wrong. Can you check?

SR: Ah yes got that wrong so manager says we'll leave you on same contract (9 months to run) and waive the install fee as apology for wrong info.

Me: Fine and can I keep old Tivo?

SR: Yes. We'll install on 1 March.

Me: Great thanks.

All much abbreviated of course! But the love didn't last!

Friday 27 Jan 17

Called Retentions re removal of Sky Sports HD email and intent to alter install date if possible

Me: Can you explain why my package is being changed?

Retentions Teeside: The HD was agreed in error as system was faulty last year but has now been corrected with no back fees.

Me: Accept that error was system not operator but unhappy that will need to pay £7 more than agreed.

RT: Understand. BTW the changes agreed yesterday are wrong. Extra charge of £11-50 pm needed for V6 as well as Sport HD. Then explained about clashes with differing offers etc etc

Me: Not happy at getting such frequent wrong info. What can you do?

RT: A manager may have decided to a deal I can't do but the notes aren't clear so I'll talk to Swansea and my manager and phone you later today with the best we can do.

That was 6 days ago!! I know I'm being "out waited" in the hope I'll go away and they can install V6 and up the monthly and charge for install but that won't happen.

I can accept a new deal or payment may be needed. It's the incompetence and lies that anger me.

Have recorded these chats

0 Kudos
malic
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retentions - Incompetent & Economic with the Truth

Only fair to update. After a webchat I was put through to Teeside Retentions and got The Right Lad!

Apologised for failed follow through, was disappointed at poor notes on file and did a good deal at the end which I was happy to accept. He even emailed full details of agreement so there would be no argument later.

As is often the case with Virgin it appears they have a lot of poorly trained staff who get things badly wrong but also some top notch people who do a great job for the company.

Just wish I could reach the latter first!!

0 Kudos
cjp1
Dialled in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Are you now getting a V6 installed with the £49.99 fee waived?

0 Kudos
malic
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

To be honest the final accounting was a bit complicated so can't say exactly. What they did do was compensate me for being given poor information and failing to follow through with a call back. Transpired the notes of earlier calls were incomplete as well.

As has happened bedore they came through well in the end.

0 Kudos