Menu
mhw222
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Retention or cancellation

I have a similar response to previous posts; I ring to try to negotiate a slightly better deal (I pay £53+ a month for essentially broadband / freeview TV / home phone). The new customer price is £29, and I already have all the equipment. I could go elsewhere for less than £29 but probably not with TV - but then I could use the aerial. So no big deal, but still, I don't need the hassle.

So I ring to see if they would reduce the bill to something competitive, and well they did reduce it a bit. But no attempt at 'retention', more interested in arranging my cancellation!

Shame.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Retention or cancellation

Hi mhw222, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that the team did not make you feel valued enough to want to stay with us. 

Depending on the circumstances you gave as to why you wanted to cancel would depend on how we proceed with the call. More often than not we will try and go through the services you have to see if there is something we can do to keep you as a loyal customer. 

It sounds as though we managed to get a cheaper price for you. If you're still unhappy with this offer, try calling again. It's likely we've already given you the best we can do however our offers and promotions can change daily so there may be something better we can offer now.

Come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos