Menu
quackstheking
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Retention Experience

I have been a Virgin Media customer for 20 years (original NTLworld!) and am on the VIP package covering Phone, TV and Broadband for which I pay a whopping £154 per month!

As I saw new customers to VIP would get a year on a cheap deal followed by the account switching to a BAU cost of £120pm I contacted the Retentions team to see whether I could have the BAU deal. I had no expectations on getting the cheap 1st year price nor the offer of the V6 boxes but I did expect to be offered the ongoing BAU VIP package price.

I was told that I couldn't have this, but I could have £117 for 6 months followed by BAU cost of £138pm! Whilst this is a reduction I saw no reason not to offer the VIP package.

When I asked what I could do, I was told that if I left, I could re-apply in 6 months and get the new customer deal!!!

I know loyalty has no value but to suggest I leave and then come back seems a new low!

I clearly don't wish to move having enjoyed 20 years of brilliant service, but it seems I am longer considered worth keeping by VM and whilst I can get a cheaper deal, I feel I would be paying over the odds for the standard package!

Once I've calmed down I may try again but in the meantime, I'll explore what Sky have to offer.

VM - I'm disappointed in you!

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Retention Experience

To be honest with my own experience of retentions (with other companies) it is often a case of if you don't get a deal you like hang up and call back.  You do tend to get different deals depending on who you speak to.  You might have more luck on your 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt!

Please reply back and let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.

All Replies
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

To be honest with my own experience of retentions (with other companies) it is often a case of if you don't get a deal you like hang up and call back.  You do tend to get different deals depending on who you speak to.  You might have more luck on your 2nd, 3rd or 4th attempt!

Please reply back and let us know how you get on.

-

If I have helped please feel free to give 'Kudos' by clicking on the thumbs up icon against any of my posts. If I have helped to solve an issue you can also click on the 'Mark As Helpful Answer' link to mark it as helpful.
quackstheking
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks BTTF for your advice and thus I phoned back today and from the UK Call Centre, I had a completely different experience!

Firstly the operator went fully through my package and also had access to my usage and identified to services I was paying for that were now free and also International calling which I never used. He then also explored two options for ongoing packages and ultimately we settled on £102pm for 9 months followed by a BAU cost of £127.25 (VIP plus I have an extra box). This is for a 12 month contract and thus in year 1 a £700 saving and thereafter a £300pa saving.

The net result is, I am again a happy customer but VM - you really must do something with all your call centres. Paul (the UK Advisor) followed a logical process and then explored the packages that he could offer before settling on something suitable - it felt well paced, structured and customer centric. This was the diametric opposite of my 1st experience.

It has taught me that the experience delivered, is down to the advisor and not the company, but it is for the company to ensure that all customer experiences are consistent.

0 Kudos
backtothefuture
Fibre optic
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Fantastic! - Glad to hear that this experience was completely different and you got your issues resolved.

-

0 Kudos
Reevzi78
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I've just cancelled my contract, the retention experience was shocking, I've rang three times and I can assure virgin it's the last time, not at one point was there an attempt to retain, goodbye virgin, that is the first time I've left a company after my first contract.....virgin need to realise there is other providers with good speeds now!!.

0 Kudos