Menu
danlat1415
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Renewed contract but not offered new router? Still have old superhub2 (not ac)

I recently renewed my VM contract for at least another 18 months.
I have 100mb broadband. I wasn't offered the superhub3 router and I'm stuck with my old and annoying superhub2 (not the better superhub2 ac).

Can a staff member contact me to arrange sorting out an updated router?
I've tried contacting on Twitter, but not had a response.

I don't use landline, and hold times are stupid on standard numbers.

(I know the pros and cons of updating to the superhub3 as there any many forum posts).
Thank you
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Renewed contract but not offered new router? Still have old superhub2 (not ac)

100Mb broadband and below doesn't need a new hub for the speeds to run, which is why you weren't offered one. If you had been going for Vivid 150 or Vivid 200 you would have gotten a new hub.

To get the hub 3 you'll have to contact customer services and clear DPA, the kit upgrade will recontract you and will come with a £14.95 kit activation fee (self-install basis.) It's not something the staff here can arrange for you, because of DPA and they only deal with replacements if there is a fault with the current kit the customer has (not kit upgrades.) Ring 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from any phone, choose option 1, confirm your details when prompted for them. Once in the menu system choose option 4 -> Option 5. Make that call between 8AM to 8PM M-F and 8AM to 6PM Sa, closed Su.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos