Menu
Keith042
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Removing landline

I don't need my landline any more. You can't delete it by going to a shop or online and when you phone up they won't do it unless you change your broadband, which I've finally decided to do but as that change is a month away I'm still stuck with the cost of a landline. Why can't Virgin just say yes we'll do it and it will save you £x?

0 Kudos
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Removing landline

It won't necessarily save you money.

The way VM have designed their bundles. It is often cheaper to have the landline included.

To me it seems daft, particularly as you don't have to take a landline if you just want broadband, like you do with most other suppliers.

In any case, you normally have to give 30 days notice if you wish to cancel a service.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Keith042,

Sorry for the bother you've had with this.

The best thing to do in order to ensure you're on the best package to suit your needs, would be to call the team on 150 free from any Virgin landline or 0345 454 1111 on any other line.  
Alternatively, you can chat to our online team via: [Contact us].

Many thanks,

Nat_J

Who's who? Find out more about our community members. Good folk to know

0 Kudos
Keith042
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

For those who like to hear the end of stories, I have now negotiated the end of landline by the end of month. Yes you do have to wait a few months (I started in September) to get the broadband changes - it will save over £10 a month - and it has to be a awful phone conversation which took over 15 minutes with at least 2 silences of a minute or so while they thought about new things, for example you have to change your broadband..but Ive done that!..and lots of confusing deals that still included a landline which I didn't understand and didn't want. But I resisted them all.

The conclusion is that Virgin only allow changes by phone to make it difficult and less transparent than say seeing the options on a website or having it explained in a shop.

0 Kudos