Menu
daviehutch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Registering online account

I am a new customer and created a Virgin Media account, as per email instructions from VM. Since creating it, I have been unable to reach my mailbox at all, or sign into My Virgin Media. Each time I try to log in, I receive an error message advising, "We're sorry, we're having trouble signing you in to your account. Please check your username and password and try again". I have tried clicking forgotten username and also forgotten password. I have been able to amend the password a few times. I have entered my account number and area code and identified that the email address is recognised by your systems.The passwords I have used are all 8 characters in length, start with an alphabetic character and include numbers. I have received a Welcome email from eBilling to my customary (not VM) email address, and have received a confirmation email to that address regarding my Virgin Media Web Safe settings. When I set up the account I indicated that I wanted to use the VM email address, and not my customary email address as my account identifier Would this issue be because the installation is not due until 19 April 2017?
0 Kudos
8ig8illy
Tuning in
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Registering online account

I have exactly the same problem. An email comes to you telling you to register an account, so that you can keep track of the installation and reschedule it online if you need to, yet it does not let you log on.

I have been on Live Chats and been told in more than one occasion it is because the installation has yet to take place. Then the question is how can one reschedule an installation online, as suggested by the email from Virgin, if one can not log on?

It is a joke.

0 Kudos
nickshanks
Just joined
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I have been on Virgin Media for 6 months, but just came to register at the website now. It also fails for me. (500 error on form POST to /create-profile/create-profile via form on /create-profile/register)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi daviehutch, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue logging in to My Virgin Media ahead of your install. 

Looking at the My VM part of your account, a VM email address has been chosen as your log in. Since posting have you resolved things? If not give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can reset things with you Smiley Happy

Let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 8ig8illy, 

Thanks for your post regarding logging in for My VM. 

I haven't been able to locate your account in order to investigate this for you so will need some information in order to help. 

I have sent you a private message regarding this and will investigate further once I receive your reply. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi nickshanks, 

Thanks for your post regarding this issue and apologies to hear that you are also having an issue. 

Looking in to your account, I'm not seeing any details entered for a My VM account meaning nothing has been registered yet. 

Do you get as far as entering your account number and name before you get the error? 

What browser are you using? 

Try clearing the cache and cookies and trying again. Any joy?

If not, give the team a call on 150 / 0345 454 1111 so they can set the account up for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi 8ig8illy, 

Thanks for coming back to me via PM on this. 

It looks as though there is an error on your account for some reason so it's not finding an account even though you are due to be installed. 

I've raised this up to the IT department for them to take a look at. Once they've resolved things, I'll come back to you to try again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
daviehutch
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,  I have been in touch via telephone and spoken to 2 agents, one from customer support, and another from tech support.  They both confirmed the account is set up with the virginmedia email address, however the password is incorrect. They were both unable to change the password. I was advised by the tech support agent that the email address and My Virgin will not work until the engineer installs the TV, phone and broadband and that he needs to activate the account and the equipment.  Is this correct?  If so then the emails sent out to new customers, and the online help need updating to clarify that neither will work prior to installation,and then any queries need to be made by telephone

8ig8illy
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Davie that is exactly what I was told, twice, in different online chats with Virginmedia reps. Either the Virgin reps are wrong, or the email I received from Virgin is wrong. They can't be both right. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi daviehutch, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this. 

Once you have registered for My Virgin Media, you should be able to see your future installation. The only thing that won't be true is your package details. It will show as nothing as the installation hasn't yet taken place. 

As you're having an issue, we'd raise an IT ticket to resolve this so you can access the site again. As you haven't actually got an active account, the IT team won't look in to it. We're in a catch 22 situation until the installation is completed. 

Once you're installed and active, try again and if you're still having the same issue we can take steps to resolve it then. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos