Menu
Highlighted
AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Regarding amount on bill if you used £50 refer a friend

Hi all, I signed up using the Refer a Friend thing which gets you £50 off your first bill and your friend £50 off theirs.

So my "Charges since last bill" has come up on the site as £93.00, as you can see here. That's the £40.00 installation fee, £20.00 activation charge and then £33.00 for broadband/tv/phone.

My question is, is that £50 off supposed to show up in the bill? Will I be charged £43.00 or has something gone wrong here? Or is this "Charges since" thing not actually the first "bill"? 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: iRe: Regarding amount on bill if you used £50 refer a friend

Yep that's right. You can either wait for the forum team to pick this up for you which may take around a week's time, or you can ring up 150 / 0345 454 1111 and use the "thinking of leaving us" option to speak to Customer Services. That's the quickest way of getting it sorted anyway.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV + Sky Sports (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 100
Phone: Talk Unlimited

All Replies
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regarding amount on bill if you used £50 refer a friend

When you get your bill, you'll see it under "Other fees, charges & credits". So yes, the amount payable should be £43. If it doesn't show up, come back and let us know and the forum team will sort it out for you.

0 Kudos
AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Regarding amount on bill if you used £50 refer a friend

Alright, thank you! 

0 Kudos
AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

iRe: Regarding amount on bill if you used £50 refer a friend

Hi, the final bill has come through at £126.00, which means the £50 has not been taken off the bill Smiley Sad

That's £33.00 x2 for the first 2 months + 60.00 activation fees. With the £50 refer a friend service I signed up with it should only be £76.00 total, right?

Can anyone help?

Many thanks!

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yep that's right. You can either wait for the forum team to pick this up for you which may take around a week's time, or you can ring up 150 / 0345 454 1111 and use the "thinking of leaving us" option to speak to Customer Services. That's the quickest way of getting it sorted anyway.

AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

I'll give that a go now, thanks a bunch!

0 Kudos
AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Just off the phone, apparently the £50 refer a friend thing doesn't kick in until the second bill, after the 'cooling period', I suppose to make sure you can actually pay a bill and aren't trying to mooch, I dunno. But he realised while he was in there that I wasn't supposed to be charged for the activation fee so he knocked 40 quid off it! 

Cheers for the help!

0 Kudos
av-115
Knows their stuff
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

That's good about the activation fee! I'm a bit skeptical about the refer a friend credit, however. If you were the one who was referred, the credit should have been applied to your first bill and the person who referred you would get the credit after your 28 day cooling off period has elapsed (to make sure you don't cancel).

See here and scroll down to the FAQ.

0 Kudos
AngelaJC
Joining in
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Huh, that's weird. The guy on the phone told me it's the second bill and that he was actually owed £50 aswell cause he did the deal with his girlfriend lol. He said neither of us get the £50 off until I've paid the first bill and then we both get it, although I do seem to remember the deal saying it'd be on the first bill. He went through all the account info and confirmed that the deal was on the account and it'd go through for the second bill which will be 33.00 - 50.00 and therefore -17.00 on to the third bill. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi AngelaJC

It comes off the first bill if you are the new account holder!

Thanks for joining us on the community and for dropping by with your Refer A Friend query,

If you have not yet had this sorted can you please pop back to me on a PM and confirm:

•     Your name
  •     Your full address
  •     If you are the account holder
  •     A screenshot of the original email showing you are eligible for the RAF offer.
  •     The name and address of the person you referred.

Once I have the above I can look into this for you.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

* For other forum users reading this, please only PM me if I have asked you to first.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos