Menu
Fezza101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refusing to give me a shopping voucher (missed product!)

I joined Virgin a couple of months ago whilst the £100 shopping voucher or free speakers were on offer. I chose the £100 shopping voucher and this is confirmed in my confirmation email which shows '£100 Retail Award'.

Used live chat a couple of weeks ago and they said to wait a little longer. Used live chat today and asked for the voucher and sent them my confirmation email separately and they say they can't give it to me. I've managed to get £100 bill credit instead but that's not the point, the voucher was going to be a gift for someone and bill credit takes a while (2 months) to return £100 to my account.

How can i be sold something and have evidence of a reward and then be told i can't have it? This makes absolutely no sense and Virgin Media Live Chat are as useless as a chocolate tea pot? How can they NOT give people what they offered at the point of order??? Anyone else had this? I've spent enough time just to get the £100 bill credit chasing this, let alone the voucher they originally offered!

/moan

James.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refusing to give me a shopping voucher (missed product!)

Hi James, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you on board with us in the community Smiley Happy

I'm really sorry to hear that you didn't receive your vouchers. Usually an exception form is filled in and this gets sent to the team to confirm your eligibility. I'm not sure why this wasn't done and instead the credit was given. 

As you've now received £100 credit, I'm not able to raise this any further. 

I can see that your payment for the latest bill has been covered so no direct debit will be taken this month and your next bill is due to be generated over the next week or so. This will give you the rest of your credit so it will cover the total amount leaving you with enough time to buy a voucher for that amount Smiley Happy

It's not ideal however at least you've been given the total amount Smiley Happy

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Fezza101
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refusing to give me a shopping voucher (missed product!)

Hi Kath,

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I wasn't after anything on top of what i've got, just wanted to register that this isn't good for new customers as the product is effectively being mis sold. Looking at the amount of threads about missing offers on here i'm surprised the system used for ordering/managing accounts hasn't been amended to ensure customers get what they are offered when they sign up for a product. It shouldn't be rocket science to log that a customer has chosen a particular free gift.

Thanks again for your response and clarification.

James.

0 Kudos