Menu
judithmb57
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Refund

Hi,

I cancelled my contract with virgin media and my final bill shows virgin owes me money; I cannot see how to contact virgin for the refund other than dialling a premium rate phone number now I don't have the free 150 to call. There  was nothing on the final bill to say I was going to be refunded the credit. Any help with this please?

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refund

hiya @judithmb57 you can call via 0345 454 1111 depending on your mobile phone provider you could take a look at e.g. -> https://www.0345-numbers.uk/call-cost/0345-mobile-costs-chargeable/ or via your operators site, other option would be to use the online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), with any refund due this is normally issued 28 days after account closure in the form of a cheque
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @judithmb57 you can call via 0345 454 1111 depending on your mobile phone provider you could take a look at e.g. -> https://www.0345-numbers.uk/call-cost/0345-mobile-costs-chargeable/ or via your operators site, other option would be to use the online chat @ http://contact.virginmedia.com (using PC/laptop), with any refund due this is normally issued 28 days after account closure in the form of a cheque
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
judithmb57
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi there,

thankyou for your very swift and helpful response. I will wait the 28 days now I know.

i would like to thankyou by clicking the kudos star but cannot see where it is

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

ohh forgot to change that, to give kudos its the small thumbs up
belle2
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

hi i am having the same problem but cannot get hold of virgin media at all ,,we are moving abroad ,how will we get it now ??

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@belle2 might be able to get customer service to redirect the cheque elsewhere
exviewer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm in the same boat.. I ended my contract oct 14th 2016 and have tried almost everything to get my credit back. If you phone them up they just stall you until you get bored. I have been cut off, sent from one department to another and promised a call back....only to be let down. I've sent emails which have been ignored.

my next step is to write to them. If that doesn't work I am going to consumer advice.

My family also have virgin and I am telling them to cancel but stop their direct debits first. totally fed up with virgin. we've had nothing but trouble with them since we had them 18 months ago.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi exviewer

Thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us on the forums regarding the refund of the final balance credit.

I am sorry to hear you have been having some issues getting this sorted with our teams. Resolving a refund option with us would require that our teams clear security with you as address changes etc, may need to be made for the forwarding balance to be sent to.

It would be great if you could get back in touch with them to escalate this via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with this support option.

Additionally I will be sending a pm to you for me to see if there is any further support we can offer for you here regarding this and you can find in the purple envelope up next to your forum name.

If you could get back in touch with me on this, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos