Menu
speedonthemic
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Refund of credit on closed account

I ended my contract on the 30th October and I was told I would receive a cheque for the amount I'm in credit for - I have not received any cheque. Please can someone help me as to why I haven't received it yet?

My account has been closed so I can't login and check it. This means the only thing I can do is try web chat, which I've now been doing for a week but it's constantly 'busy', or call you and I will be charged for that. I do not want to be paying to chase money you owe me so I'm posting here in the hope it can be resolved asap.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refund of credit on closed account

speedonthemic wrote:

I ended my contract on the 30th October and I was told I would receive a cheque for the amount I'm in credit for - I have not received any cheque. Please can someone help me as to why I haven't received it yet?

My account has been closed so I can't login and check it. This means the only thing I can do is try web chat, which I've now been doing for a week but it's constantly 'busy', or call you and I will be charged for that. I do not want to be paying to chase money you owe me so I'm posting here in the hope it can be resolved asap.

You'll receive a cheque to the tune of the amount that your account was in credit when it was disconnected. Note, the date you gave 30 days notice is not when the cheque wait count from. Say that you gave your 30 days notice on Oct 30 and 30 days later the disconnection was done. You'd then wait 45 days from there for the cheque. So if your account disconnected on the 30th of October (rather than that being a date you gave in 30 days notice), expect the cheque at the forwarding address you gave VM by Dec 14th.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos