Menu
dodo001
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Refund of credit on a closed account

I closed my account on 28/29th December 2015 and have been waiting for a refund of the over payment on my account.

After numerous phone calls and a letter of complaint, I still have not received the cheque.

The last phone call advised the cheque had been generated on 3rd February 2016, but only after my phone call on 26th January 2016, and would take 10 working days to reach me.

Well, today is the 10th working day and I still have no cheque. All anyone keeps telling me is the cheque was generated and that is the end of the matter as far as they are concerned.

What do I need to do to get my money back??????

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refund of credit on a closed account

Hi dodo001

Thanks for getting back in touch with us regarding the refund of your final credit balance.

The reason for the process you have described to us is that if the original cheque has not arrived as it should have to you, we would then have to arrange to cancel this and re-issue another replacement cheque.

That takes up to the 30 days for this to process.

My apologies that the original cheque did not arrive as expected. Can I check with you that there are no issues with your post being delivered generally speaking? I know sometimes this can cause an issue with customers receiving mail from us.

If this is not the case then it would be worth us taking a look into the account in more detail to make sure your forwarding address ( if you’ve moved) or current billing address are correct. To do this you can contact the teams via Webchat to ensure these details are up to date for you, or speak to the teams on 0345 454 1111.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi dodo001,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not yet received your cheque. It can sometimes take a few days to come. 

You'll need to give the team another call to let them know that you've not received the cheque and it's been 10 days. They can again issue a new one for you and cancel the old one. 

You can contact the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

Let me know how it goes.

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
dodo001
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath_F

I got in touch with the complaints department and they now say I have to wait 30 days before they will issue a new cheque.

I just feel like they're moving the goal posts on me every time I contact someone.

I will have to wait till March before I can take it any further, always assuming the cheque does not turn up.

Thanks for the reply

dodo001

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi dodo001

Thanks for getting back in touch with us regarding the refund of your final credit balance.

The reason for the process you have described to us is that if the original cheque has not arrived as it should have to you, we would then have to arrange to cancel this and re-issue another replacement cheque.

That takes up to the 30 days for this to process.

My apologies that the original cheque did not arrive as expected. Can I check with you that there are no issues with your post being delivered generally speaking? I know sometimes this can cause an issue with customers receiving mail from us.

If this is not the case then it would be worth us taking a look into the account in more detail to make sure your forwarding address ( if you’ve moved) or current billing address are correct. To do this you can contact the teams via Webchat to ensure these details are up to date for you, or speak to the teams on 0345 454 1111.

Please keep us posted and let us know if you need anything else.

Take care.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Wigan_Wench
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

My account closed on 28 October and I'm still waiting for a refund. Have phoned twice. The second time I was told that the cheque hadn't been issued but would be within 48 hours - I'm still waiting. Dreading having to make another costly phone call pressing varous options in the hope that I can eventually speak to someone.
0 Kudos
TariqR65
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Very poor service!

I disconnected my services on 15th November 2016 and have been chasing them for my refund of £82.09 ever since.

I have returned all Virgin Media equipment as required, and after calling several times I was promised that this money would be sent back to me in the form of a cheque. Each call takes about 30-60 minutes due to long call queues.

It's now 28th December and I'm beginning to feel they are deliberately withholding refunds and will take legal action if they persist in delaying my refund.

It looks like lots people are having the same issue!

I was thinking of returning back to Virgin Media after my current contract expires but after this experience I will reconsider ever using them again. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Wigan_Wench, 

Thanks for your post. 

I have already replied to your thread here: Refund on Closed Account

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi TariqR65, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

Once your final bill has been generated, any refund is held for 35 days. This is to ensure equipment is returned and there are no further charges on your account. If there are, we take the charges from the refund as we would if the account was live. 

After the 35 days, we then process a refund on the account and send the cheque via the post.  It generally takes around 2 weeks for this process to be complete. 

With there being Christmas and New Year, it's unsurprisingly a little late. If you're still waiting in a week, let me know and we'll chase things for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos