Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 8 (137 Views)

Refund 35 days after cancellation

I gave notice to cancel my account on 19 April 2017. I am in credit of £50.10.  On 3 June 2017, Virgin Media sent me an email stating they had received all my returned equipment. When I phoned to chase it and to request my final bill which had not been issued, I was informed that my check would be sent within 35 days.  

It is now 35 days since my account has been cancelled and my credit check of £50.10 has not been returned to me. 

There can be no good reason for this delay.

I tried webchat, but it stated everyone was busy and to try again later. I can find no email address to complain in writing. I want to make a written complaint so I have a paper trail for when I take it further and place my complaint with the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme [www.cisas.org.uk]. Which of course would take 8 weeks to sort, but at least I can claim compensation for the delay.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8 (106 Views)

Re: Refund 35 days after cancellation

Hi kthslvn and welcome to the community,

I'm sorry to hear you're still waiting on your refund after disconnecting.

Just so you know cheque refunds are processed 35 days after disconnection and can take up to 10 days to arrive depending on postage.

Do let us know if you still haven't received anything by 3rd July and we will be happy to investigate this matter further. I'm confident this won't be necessary.

Should you need it, you can find full details of our complaint procedure here: http://virg.in/compscop

All the best,

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

Joining in
Message 3 of 8 (89 Views)

Thanks for the info Michael_JK.  However, it is now the 5 July and I have received no refund.  

Importantly, I sent and email on 23 June to the CEO.  I received an email on 24 June stating the email had been received, the CEO was not available, but the email had been passed on to his team to sort and that I would be hearing from someone soon.  This has not happened. I believe I will have to take up my issues with the Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme as I have written enough emails and made enough phone calls showing I have been more than patient and still Virgin Media are refusing to refund me.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8 (81 Views)

Hi kthslvn

I am incredibly sorry to hear the refund request and receipt was, at the time of your post, still unresolved for you.

Do you mind letting me know if this is still the case?

If so if you could respond to my PM to you so we can log this on your behalf and work to correct this for you as soon as we can.

You can find the PM in the purple envelope next to your forum name.

Kind regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Joining in
Message 5 of 8 (74 Views)

Hi Karen,

This is still the case. I have responded to you via PM

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8 (43 Views)

Hi kthslvn

Thanks for the Pm and for confirming the details I asked for Smiley Happy

My apologies but you have been misinformed about the process. The cheque refund does not arrive on the 35th day. The4 refund is processed after the 35th day has passed.

This is to ensure there are no further credits or debits to be applied against the final balance showing on a customer’s account.

Once this has passed we then process the cheque refund within 10 working days of the 35th day.

I can see this took a little longer in your case and our teams logged this dissatisfaction for you and escalated the refund request.

The cheque was issued on the 5th and should be with you by Wednesday of this week at the absolute latest.

If this is not the case can you please let me know?

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 7 of 8 (41 Views)

@Karen_A  Please do not imply I have made a mistake - below is a copy of the "Sorry you're leaving" letter from VM.  Near the bottom in bold it states I should receive my refund cheque within 35 days of disconnection date.  It does not state your quote "The refund is processed after the 35th day has passed."  I should have received this on 22 June.

"Hello,
We're really sorry that you've decided to go. But when it comes to your services, we
understand that there are lots of companies to choose from. If things don't work out,
you're always welcome to come straight back.
In the meantime, we'll do all we can to make sure your disconnection goes smoothly.
Your disconnection date
Your services will disconnect on the date you were advised.
Returning your equipment
It's quick and easy to return your Virgin Media bits and pieces - and it won't even cost
you a penny. Once your services are disconnected, we'll send you a free postal returns
kit.
You just need to pop the equipment into the packaging provided - including any
cables, remotes and smartcards - and drop it off at your local Collect+ store. You can
find your nearest store at collectplus.co.uk.
The reason we ask you to return your equipment is that, while you're with us, you rent
your equipment, rather than own it. So if you don't return your equipment, within 30
days of your service disconnection, we'll have to charge you for it.
Your final bill
If you pay by Direct Debit, we'll cancel your Direct Debit as soon as you're
disconnected and have paid your final bill.
If you don't pay by Direct Debit, the quickest way to make a payment is with a
credit or debit card - you can sign in to your account at
virginmedia.com/myvirginmedia or call our dedicated payment service on
0800 064 3777.
If your account is in credit, this will appear on your final bill and we'll send a
cheque to your registered address within 35 days of your disconnection date.
If you've been charged an early disconnection fee, this will appear on your final
bill.
If your next bill looks the same as usual, don't worry - your final bill from us will
arrive after your disconnection date.
As we bill in advance, your next bill will show charges billed beyond your
disconnection date.
You can watch a short video on how your final bill will work here. It's a good idea to
keep hold of this email until your final bill arrives to help with any questions.
Your telephone number
If you've arranged to take your telephone number to a new provider, they'll be able to
answer any queries you have about the switch. If we owe you anything, we'll get this
refunded to you after the switch.
Your email account
If you're disconnecting your Virgin Broadband, your email account with us will close 90
days after your disconnection date. When this happens, you won't be able to use that
email address to sign into your My Virgin Media account and you won't be able to
access your email folders anymore. If you've got anything important stored there, don't
forget to save it on your computer.
Your Netflix account
If you're disconnecting your Virgin TV service and you subscribe to Netflix, you won't
be able to watch it through your TiVo® box anymore. You'll still be able to watch it on
your other devices and you'll continue to be charged by Netflix directly.
F-Secure SAFE - You'll continue to enjoy your F-Secure SAFE free trial and benefit
from Virgin Media's discounted rate (£25 per year). If you're already paying for the
service you'll continue to be billed directly through F-Secure.
If you have any other questions, just head to virginmedia.com/help.
Kind regards,
The Virgin Media team
DISC01
Help
My Virgin
Media
Contact us
Please do not reply to this email.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
Save Paper - Do you really need to print this e-mail?
Visit www.virginmedia.com for more information, and more fun.
This email and any attachments are or may be confidential and legally
privileged
and are sent solely for the attention of the addressee(s).
Virgin Media will never ask for account or financial information via email. If
you are in receipt of a suspicious email, please report to
www.virginmedia.com/netreport
If you have received this email in error, please delete it from your system:
its use, disclosure or copying is unauthorised. Statements and opinions
expressed in this email may not represent those of Virgin Media. Any
representations or commitments in this email are subject to contract.
Registered office: Media House, Bartley Wood Business Park, Hook,
Hampshire, RG27 9UP Registered in England and Wales with number
2591237"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8 (37 Views)

Hi kthslvn

My apologies, I didn't realise this is what was written on the letter, That needs to be addressed as the correspondence is incorrect. Thank you so much for bringing this to our attention. I believed it was an agent who had passed the information to you.

Can you possibly provide a screenshot of this for me, in a PM is fine. I will then feed this back to our teams for them to get this updated for future customer correspondence’s to be corrected.

Kindest regards.

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos