Menu
rb51
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Referral not paid

Hi

I referred two new customers for VM (end of December 2016) and yet no credit on my account.

From VM email received:

"1. Make sure your friend joins by following the instructions in their email.
2. Wait for their new services to be installed...
3. Once everything's installed we'll apply £50 credit to your next bill.* Job done."

*Your credit will be applied to your account 28 days after your friend's equipment has been installed (and once your friend's 14 day Customer Satisfaction Guarantee has passed) and will appear on your next bill after that date.

Still nothing.

Anyone can help?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Referral not paid

You'd need a member of staff to look into your account to see if there is any signs of the referrals. That can be done quickly by calling 150 from a VM phone / 0345 454 1111 from any other phone -> Option 1 -> Confirm your details -> Option 4 -> Option 1. Ask the staff member you are put through to have a look into it.

That or wait up to two weeks to get a response from a member of the favicon.png Forum Team here, they'll be able to do those check as well.

______
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
Addams Family Version-2.jpg
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

why are people so gullible - did you really expect VM to give you money ???

just look through this board for countless examples of credits/ referrals not paid, vouchers never sent or received... too good to be true special offers that turn out to be... too good to be true...

I'm sure they employ some honest people but the corporate philosophy seems to be promise whatever it takes to get the sale / shut down the complaint and **** the consequences

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi rb51,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credits Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend

This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Checking your account I'm not seeing any link on there to show you've been referred. Have you still got the email showing the referrals? If not check with the people who you referred. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos