Menu
LauraCserna
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend problems

Hello,

I would like to use this `refer a friend`-option but when I fill in my details I keep getting a message saying `Sorry we can`t find this account`. I do not know what goes wrong but I do have an account at Virgin Media and my details which need to be given ( last name, house number, postcode ) are correct. 

Please help me set up this because the referred is going to move in this week so it is pretty urgent if you do not want to lose a new customer just because of this reason.

My account number:{Removed}

Many thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
pondwitch
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a friend problems

Hey Laura! 

Have you tried sticking a '0' before the rest of your account number? Sometimes that can solve the problem. 

Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laura, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you've been having some difficulty filling in your details to refer your friend. 

As mentioned by pondwitch, putting a 0 in before your account number can help. Did this work?

If not let us know so we can investigate this further for you. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
LauraCserna
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Thanks for trying to help me but the `refer a friend`-form did not even ask for my account number. As I mentioned above I only had to give my last name, house number and the postcode and the system could not find it...

Anyway it is all sorted as I contacted them via phone.

Thanks,

Laura

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laura, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this Smiley Happy

I'm glad you've been able to resolve things. Thanks for letting us know.

If you have any further issues going forward, come back and let us know.

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Leasun2013
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend doesn't work as I was refer from a friend VM contacted me not me contacting them set me up and said my refer a would be added to my first bill never was and now telling me to get my friend account number but why she there should have it as there contacted me from his details VM is a bad service with bad customers service that dont help u solve ur problem very disappointed and to top it off the service in my area has gone off a good few times so I'm paying a service that doesn't work half the time
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Leasun2013, 

Thanks for your post on this. I remember speaking with you back in November last year about this and advised then that in order to help raise this, we would need your referrers details. 

The process is specific. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you. This will mean we won't actually need your friend's account number Smiley Happy 

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos