Menu
lexicat
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refer a friend £50 credit not applied to our first bill

My mother-in-law referred me to Virgin and I went through the proper channels to get the £50 discount off our first bill, ie. the referral email link I received from her.

However I just spoke to a rep on the phone to check this referral discount had gone through and apparently it has NOT gone onto our first bill. The girl on the phone wasn't very helpful - she couldn't see the discount on her screen and that was that, nothing she could do. I just gave up and came here instead.

We just signed up to Virgin and are yet to have our services activated, but I just wanted to flag this up as we feel a bit conned by the promise of money off our first bill that isn't being honoured. My mother in law should also receive £50 of her bill for referring us but I'm not confident that will have gone onto her account, either.

I still have my confirmation email which clearly shows "Your Refer a friend £50 bill credit has been added" at the bottom, so any help with this would be appreciated.

Cheers

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refer a friend £50 credit not applied to our first bill

Hi lexicat,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

As you went through this process I'm unsure on why the link wasn't made so apologies about that. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi lexicat,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

As you went through this process I'm unsure on why the link wasn't made so apologies about that. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who referred you. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
lexicat
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for the response, I've just sent you everything you asked for. Much appreciated!

Regards

Dan

0 Kudos