Menu
chris050956
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend rip off

Don't fall for the trick of referring a friend to get £50 off your next bill because you won't get it.
I referred a friend to VM and they called her to arrange installation but for some reason VM could not complete the order at that time so they arranged to call my friend back the next day.
VM then said we were not entitled to the £50 credit to our accounts because they had called her to get her to join.

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Refer a Friend rip off

Hi chris050956

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the Refer A Friend offer.

I am sorry to hear that the referral you have processed has not completed due to an administration change.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see if we can offer any further support. For me to do so I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find up by your forum name in the

Speak soon.

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi chris050956

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the Refer A Friend offer.

I am sorry to hear that the referral you have processed has not completed due to an administration change.

I'd like to take a look into this for you to see if we can offer any further support. For me to do so I'm going to send a pm to you that you can find up by your forum name in the

Speak soon.

Karen_A

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

chris050956
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank You Karen_A,

you have achieved more in a few hours than numerous calls to so called customer service who did not seem to be interested 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi chris050956

No worries at all, glad to have been able to have helped Smiley Happy

Keep us posted if you ever need anything else and we'll do our best to support you.

Take care!

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos
Andrew37
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi

You are not the only one being ripped off by this offer. I recommended my son to VM just after we had our installation completed in January this year.  I sent them a text with his details as instructed and even had two texts back. One confirming they got my first text and one confirming they had processed his order. There was no £50 deduction from our next bill so I assumed I would see the deduction the following month. Eventually at the end of March I called customer services to enquire. They said that the details of the referral had "not been captured" on our accounts. By pure chance I still had the confirmation texts on my phone so they asked me to email them a copy of the texts (the ones they had sent me) and they would then immediately credit my account.

I kept checking my account and gave them the benefit of the doubt and again waited for my next bill but still no £50 credit so I called them again. This time they asked me to post (by snail mail can you believe) copies of the confirmation texts and they would credit both our accounts. I have now done this and am awaiting the outcome.

I also have an additional complaint about VM not securing my original telephone number from Sky when we transferred to VM. I have made numerous calls to customer services and promises have been made that have never been kept. On every occasion I have had to chase VM. At no point have VM contacted me to discuss this. The only contact VM made regarding this was a generic email saying "sorry things weren't going right but hoped everything was ok now". It also asked for my feedback regarding the complaint which I replied to in detail and that to was ignored.

I will defiantly be going back to Sky when my contract expires in January and I would advise everyone else to steer well clear of this rip off company.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Andrew37

Truly sorry to hear what has happened here.

Our complaints team will be able to take a look into both of the issues you've raised and get this resolved for you.

Thanks,

Daniel_G - Forum Team

Need help swapping your SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM here. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
Lorrs58
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Wow.  That is almost exactly the same problem as we have had with "Refer a friend".   To anyone considering using this offer.  DON'T.  It's not worth it to receive very poor/bad customer service.  It really does leave a sour taste!!!

0 Kudos
Lucy0211
Joining in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes agreed virgin trying to get out of paying 2 x £50 !!!

My dad referred me on the webpage - we both received an email confirming this and that the £50's would be taken off my first bill and his next bill once all was set up. He referred me at the end on April. No money off our bills shock horror !!

Spoken to customer care twice about this and been told we need to prove that virgin sent these emails !!! The emails were deleted months ago - stupid that we deleted them and trusted virgin !!

Although the terms and conditions state that you don't need to prove this by emails and that the money would be deducted automatically!!

Cheers
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lorrs58

I appreciaet you getting in touch with us about the Refer A Friend offer too.

If you do have the orignal emails that would have been sent to you this is something we can investigate foer you.

Is so if you coupld pop back to me on the PM I'm sending to you that you can find on the forums on the top right in the purple envelope, that would be great Smiley Happy

Speak soon

Karen_A

Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Lucy0211

Thanks for getting in touch with us about the Refer A Friend offer too.

I know you don’t have the original emails that would have been sent to you but I’d like to look into this for you too.

Can you please pop back to me on the PM I'm sending to you that you can find on the forums on the top right in the purple envelope, that would be fab Smiley Happy

Thanks.

Karen_A

Forum Team

0 Kudos