Menu
haggiscatcher
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Refer a Friend is useless and cost me £10

i referred my daughter to virgin media through the web refer system in February

I have been waiting for my £50 credit but it has not appeared, neither has my daughters

I have now been charged £10 for a late payment fee because of it, this is a joke

I was on the phone to virgin for 40 minutes being passed from one department to another only to be told " we dont deal with this, i will pass you to someone who can" then told the same from them

Then told, there is no record of you refering someone and we cant deal with it.

I am very hesitant to refer anyone else because of promises of £50 credit and end up with nothing

In fact it has now cost me £10 to refer my daughter because of a virgin error

Who do i actually speak to regarding this or is it a case of tough. but thanks for the extra £10

I have been a customer of virgin for almost 15 years and this is how they treat loyal customers

i am well hacked off to say the least

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend is useless and cost me £10

Hi haggiscatcher,

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear that you've not received your refer a friend credit Smiley Sad 

There is a specific process in place for referring customers. The existing account holder needs to pop in their friend's details via this page here: Refer A Friend This then generates an email to both the existing and new customer confirming the referral. The Friend then needs to join via that email. Unless this is followed, no link is made between the 2 accounts. 

Have you still got the email showing the referral? If not check with the person who you referred. If they have this we can look into this further for you.

I have sent you a private message with some information on where to go from here.  Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

With regards to £10 late charge, it is still your responsibility to check your bill and pay any balance so we won't be able to refund this. Smiley Sad 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
haggiscatcher
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer a Friend is useless and cost me £10

Thanks for the reply kath

I have now got this all sorted

I contacted webchat and they got it credited at last

There seemed to be a problem with the Referral system online as it did not log the details and credit accounts

We did use the links generated by this

I would have replied earlier but my account got banned for the previous post for some reason

Anyway, thanks for the help and i am a happy bunny again, so is my daughter

Please delete this thread if you can, i dont want to get banned again

0 Kudos