Menu
tonygee99
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Refer A Friend Problem

Hi,
I participated in the Refer A Friend scheme last August. After waiting three months neither my friend nor myself had £50 credited to our accounts. I called customer service last night and the first person that I spoke to informed me that £50 would be credited to my account and provided me with a credit reference number. I inquired would £50 be credited to my friends account and they said no as my friend had a free install. I then checked Virgin Media website and it states ''My friend is getting free installation, will they still get the £50 credit? They certainly will! So that'll be free installation and £50 credit on top. Not bad, eh?
I then checked with my friend who informed me they had actually paid £40 for installation.
I then gave customer service another call and the person I spoke to told me that she could not see any history of Refer A Friend on my account and she would investigate for me and put me on hold for 10 minutes. When she got back to me she said that the call centre was experiencing a lot of calls at the moment and she would give me a call back in 30 minutes. This did not happen.
My friend did follow the correct procedeure upon signing up as a new customer as I was with them when they did it.
After waiting for 3 months and neither of us having £50 credited to our accounts we are both hugely disappointed by this experience. Any help in this matter would be much appreciated.
0 Kudos
tonygee99
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Refer A Friend Problem

Is anyone from Virgin Media able to offer some assistance please?
0 Kudos
tonygee99
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I gave customer service another try tonight and explained my issue with the agent. I was told that they have no record of Refer a Friend on either account. I am 100% certain that my friend followed the correct procedure when he received his referral email, I was sat beside him at the time. I explained that the first agent that I spoke to had given me a reference number for £50 that he would credit that to my account only to be told that Virgin Media don't provide reference numbers for credit and they actually have no record on my account of having spoken to this agent. This is utterly confusing to me. One agent tells me one thing and then another tells me something completely different. I have been a Virgin Media customer for several years now and have been more than happy with the service. Until now. Can someone from Virgin on this forum please offer some assistance? Not a happy customer at the moment!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi tonygee99, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you here even though you've had less than a perfect experience so far Smiley Sad 

it seems as though you have been passed from pillar to post but rest assured that ends here and I am more than happy to look in to this for you. 

In order to do so, I will need some information from you. I will require some information from your friend too including a copy of his confirmation email showing the promotional refer a friend email. 

I have sent you a private message with some information on this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos