Menu
marygaffney
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reduction in Out of Contract Charge??

We signed up to virgin just over 3 months ago as we moved to the UK from Ireland, so Virgin have been our first TV/Broadband/phone and mobile phone provider here in the UK.

Unknown to us, the house we rented 3 months ago is full of damp and we have to move out - our landlord has kindly agreed to return our deposit and we have reports on the damp etc - so we are not moving just because we want to.

The house we found (at very short notice, in our area as our child goes to the local school) cannot be serviced by Virgin (they have had an Virgin because we are happy with the service etc but they cannot.

While we appreciate that we are coming out of the contract early and there will be a charge, I have spoken to Virgin and asked if they can reduce the cost slightly (it's 240 pound) given that we have no control over the matter.

they have said they can't do anything over the phone and that I should write to their head office with all the details.

Before I do this, I'm just wondering if anyone has been successful in doing this or am I wasting my time gathering the information together before I send it off thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reduction in Out of Contract Charge??

Hi marygaffney, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you here even though the circumstances are less than perfect. 

There are some occasions where we can remove early termination fees but moving home isn't one of them. I appreciate you have no choice to move so this may give you some clout when writing in to the team. 

My advice would be to put as much evidence as you can together and send in with your complaint. Once it's logged on the system I can keep you up to date with how things are going. 

The address you need is:

Virgin Media

P O Box 333

Matrix Court

Swansea

SA7 9BB

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos

All Replies
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi marygaffney, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's really great having you here even though the circumstances are less than perfect. 

There are some occasions where we can remove early termination fees but moving home isn't one of them. I appreciate you have no choice to move so this may give you some clout when writing in to the team. 

My advice would be to put as much evidence as you can together and send in with your complaint. Once it's logged on the system I can keep you up to date with how things are going. 

The address you need is:

Virgin Media

P O Box 333

Matrix Court

Swansea

SA7 9BB

Apologies once again. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
marygaffney
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply Kath - I have sent a letter in on Wednesday - the only 'evidence' I have are emails back and forward to my estate agent etc - I did send one of the emails with my letter but can send in more if required.  I also have pictures of the damp and mould on our clothes that I had to send in to the estate agent and their agreement that we can move out and break our contract in this house early.

Can you confirm when you receive my letter and advise if I need to send in any further information?

Thank you

0 Kudos
marygaffney
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, Can I phone that head office and check if they have received my letter yet please? Is there a phone number?
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi marygaffney, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this. 

Checking the account I can see a complaint has been raised now based on the letter however it hasn't been assigned to a handler yet although it has been assigned to the correct department. 

The reference number for the complaint is: COM101089742. With this reference, anyone you speak to will be able to locate and update you so you can call 150 / 0345 454 1111. 

It's best to send in as much evidence as possible from the off to ensure everything is taking into consideration. That would include all your emails and photos too. 

Please keep me updated on this and all the best. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos