Menu
WillBlud
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Reduced my package. Does this start a new contract?

Hi everyone,

As the subject suggests, I've had to reduce the costs of my package as it was becoming far too expensive for me to continue. Initially my aim was to cancel the contract because of the increased costs on top of an already quite high monthly fee. Unfortunately I noticed the hike in price after the initial 30 day warning of this increase (although I can find no correspondence, paper or email, that explains this) so I have had to reduce the price and the level of service on my account which takes affect on the 15th December. I explained that I received no correspondence from them but was told as they have records of sending this to me, therefore a cancellation fee for the remainder of my now old contract would apply. 

I'd like to know whether this counts as a new contract? I was informed on the phone that this is the case and would start the 12 month period once again but in the email there is no mention of the fact that it is a new contract or the terms and conditions therein.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Reduced my package. Does this start a new contract?

Yes that would start a new contract, whether it be downgrading or upgrading. A electronic copy of the new contract should get sent out the next working day to the contact email address VM have for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Yes that would start a new contract, whether it be downgrading or upgrading. A electronic copy of the new contract should get sent out the next working day to the contact email address VM have for you.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
WillBlud
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info Shelke. I had my concerns based on other people's experiences so thank you for clarifying this for me.

0 Kudos
trev23
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

this is interesting to read as I have just negotiated a new contract, and the person I was talking to said they would forward  the information on but three days later still nothing, she said you have a cooling off period but if you have nothing to read that's three days of the period gone.

0 Kudos
Bingley
Superfast
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I reduced my package on 10 Dec and only got the email contract through 3 days ago after requesting it 4 times,Make sure you request it by email not by post or hell will freeze over first before you get anything in the post. Ring 150 and select billing option. Best of luck

0 Kudos