Menu
Branston
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Rebury - Poor Customer Service

Hi,

I need some help as I seem to be getting nowhere with customer support.

After having a temporary cable installed as the original was damaged by builders it is now time to install a whole new connection from the point in the road to the house.

Contacted support and after many failed attempts to get the call center to understand this simple requirement an engineer was booked for last Friday. Engineer eventually turns up late at 7pm only to tell me its not his job as the "rebury team" but it needs to go to the construction team. Engineer assures me that he will arrange all this and his manager would contact me on Monday of this week. 

Its Friday now and no update. 

What does one have to do to get something like this sorted? There are no options to log a call against cabling/infrastructure?

Regards

Branston

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Rebury - Poor Customer Service

If you are having a total renewal it involves re-pulling a new cable back to the street cabinet, not just where it disappears underground. If the engineer mentioned a construction team is required, this is sounding more like there are also issues with the underground section. This then requires the lengthy process of obtaining a local authority permit for construction to do the necessary work, which can take several weeks. 

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Branston
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Its just replacing the old "green tube" with a new one and connecting it up.

Its been in place for ages so not sure why local authority would have to be called. Its only 15ft from house to point in the path.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Branston, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you are having an issue getting a new cable installed. 

Currently, you've mentioned you're connected by a temporary cable. Are your services working as they should be? If so, the replacement of the cable would fall in favour of prioritising work for customers who have no services. 

As mentioned by nodrogd, work may seem like it only needs a few things doing but more often than not, a repair that a rebury engineer is unable to do needs a total repull which can take between 4-6 weeks. 

Have you had any updates since you posted? 

Let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos