Menu
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Written Complaint............No Reply?

J0hn wrote:
I'd try this from Martin lewis, the money saving expert guy

http://www.resolver.co.uk/

Use an Android or Apple phone via their app and it will record that as well, if virgin are not on their list and I'd be amazed an email to. Support @resolver.co.uk ask them and they will add virgin templates

Using this means they can deny all they like buts it's documented and they will not have a leg to stand on

I complained using Resolver 14 days ago and haven't even had a peep from Virgin.  It's disappointing because I thought it may be more effective than complaining by post directly.  

I'll keep complaining until I get somewhere though.  Unless Virgin is prepared to acknowledge my complaint and provide compensation I will neither be using or recommending them ever again.  Virgin's customer service is some of the worst I have ever experienced.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ref1ux

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear this, we usually aim to respond to written complaints within 28 days.

What issue have you been experiencing?

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Mark_Y wrote:

Hi ref1ux

Welcome to the community Smiley Happy

I'm sorry to hear this, we usually aim to respond to written complaints within 28 days.

What issue have you been experiencing?

Many thanks

Hi Mark, thanks for your response.  To cut a very long story short we were forced to wait three and a half months for an installation and subjected to some really terrible customer service in the process, for which we have received no apology or adequate compensation.  We were also dismayed to notice that there were some issues with our account, including a higher than expected bill and an address change that had not been processed.  

We are now 23 days after the complaint was made and it still has not been acknowledged.  I am sure there are some good people in the Virgin team but so far we are extremely disappointed with the service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ref1ux

Thanks for your message.

Sorry to hear about these issues with your install and the bills on your account.

You've actually posted on the 'Mobile' section of the community, however I've now moved your post to it's own thread in the 'Managing Your Account - Cable' section and asked a member of this team to take a look for you.

Many thanks

Mark Y
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Mark!
0 Kudos
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I had a call on Wednesday last week from someone (who I think was called Mark - not the poster in this thread) who apologised for not acknowledging my complaint.  I am not sure exactly why he was unable to reply to Resolver directly, but he apologised and said that he was going to try and sort things out for me.  This was good news.  Resolver did get a result.

However, before he could deal with the main issues in our complaint, he said he needed proof of our address change and he would email me so I could send this to him.  Apparently it's not easy to change an address because the account number is tied to the address... snore... why we were not told this before by the three CSRs we spoke to I don't know (and neither did he).  Honestly this bureaucracy really feels like it's just putting barriers in the way of resolving my complaint but there we go. 

Now it's five days later and I'm still waiting for the email.  I called the number he rang on and surprise surprise it says - "Thanks for ringing Virgin Media.  You don't need to get in touch with us.  We'll try you again another time".  Great.  Obviously I do need to get in touch with you, because I haven't received an email you said I would get.  

Why is this so hard? Will he ring back? Will I receive an email? Who knows!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ref1ux, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear there was an issue with you being installed followed by some other issues Smiley Sad

Taking a look at your account, I can see since posting you have been in touch with Michael who is looking in to and dealing with your complaint. I can see he has sent you another email. As the complaint is still open and has a handler, we'll need to leave the process go through. 

Michael will be able to look into any loss of service credits at the same time as part of the complaint. 

Apologies once again. If you need help with anything else, come back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath

Thanks for your response.  I eventually managed to get into touch with Michael by calling your "moving home" department - I couldn't find an option in the phone menu for complaints for some reason.  The person who I spoke to was quite helpful and gave me Michael's email address so that I could contact him directly.  I am not sure why his email never arrived in the first place, but that was a step forward.

We are now still trying to get the address changed on the account.  This is apparently an extremely lengthy and complicated process that requires proof of the new address from a range of bodies including the council and Royal Mail.  Despite providing proof of the address from both of these bodies it is possible that this is still not good enough.  I am currently waiting to hear back from both Michael and someone in the address team about this issue, but he said that we would not be able to progress the complaint until this is sorted.  If so, it really does seem like a silly bureaucratic hurdle, but I am happy to provide any information that they need - or leave the address as is if that is simplest, because it is not impeding the service provision or billing.

Once the address change is complete, Michael said he will have to speak to his superiors and they will be able to decide on credits and any compensation on the account.  I am hoping that they will bear in mind that we are now five weeks into the complaint and very little has happened so far.  It does not seem reasonable for it to take this long, but then it didn't seem reasonable that our broadband installation would take 3.5 months (and it did!)

Hopefully Michael will be able to resolve the complaint for me soon. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi ref1ux, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this one with an update. 

It certainly sounds a lot more complicated than I'm sure it is. Sometimes there are certain hurdles that we need to jump to progress things and when we have to relay on others getting the information to us, it can take even longer Smiley Sad

I'm glad you are now in direct contact with Michael and as things progress you will see the light at the end of the tunnel. 

Keep us posted on how you get on and if you need any updates from us, pop here and we'll provide one Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
ref1ux
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Kath, hopefully we can put this behind us soon.

0 Kudos