Menu
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Webchat or customer service email address - help please!!

No e-mail address. Doesn't exist. Only options are web chat (should be available for billing queries but it is unreliable and only UK business hours when it gets busy) or phone or writing. address is in "Contact Us".

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
MillyC
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Webchat or customer service email address - help please!!

Hi,

im having problems locating a webchat link or a customer service email address.  I have a problem with my virgin media broadband bill that I would like to resolve.  I am abroad at the moment so calling is not an option.

i have tried clicking through the various options in the 'contact' section without success and I'm now at my wits end!

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you'll have to read in reverse order.!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
MillyC
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I've looked in the contact us section, even clicking through the individual options (e.g. Manage my account).  No success - I can only see an option to call.  I'm using an iPad and iPhone if that makes a difference?  I can't call as I'm abroad and sending a letter via snail mail from where I am will takes months to arrive.  In the mean time I'm being chased for a payment I do not owe as the person I spoke to at virgin media did not allocate the payment I made over the phone to my account.  There must be a way to resolve this surely?!?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi MillyC, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. 

As mentioned already by HowardML, there is no email option. 

To get in touch via Webchat follow these options: Contact Us > Account and Billing > Manage your account online > chat online. 

If the team are unable to help you there, you will need to call us on +44 7953 967 967.

We're able to deal with some queries too so feel free to pop a post about the issues you are having and we'll see what we can do. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
MillyC
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

As mentioned already, I cannot see the webchat options. I am using an iPad / iPhone - not sure if that makes a difference.

As also mentioned, I am abroad, so incurring huge international call charges to go through your automated call system is not an option for me.

Finally, I posted an outline of my issue in a previous post but I'll reiterate here. My account is up to date (in fact I think it might even be slightly in credit). However, my payment was not allocated correctly and I was being hounded for money I do not owe. Due to the ridiculousness of being unable to contact virgin media - a communications company (!!), I have now cleared the so called outstanding balance as it was minimal and not worth the continual stress of trying to get in contact virgin media.

I am thoroughly disgusted with the 'service' I have received from virgin media. To add insult to injury, I now have in my inbox a bombardment of customer satisfaction survey emails! Pity Virgin Media is unable to harness the power of email for something actually useful....like actually helping their customers!
0 Kudos
G4DDS
Rising star
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I miss the customer service e-mail request form that was an excellent way of sorting things out. Send your exact query off to the team and they then have time to look into the problem/query, work out what changes they can make/compensate the customer before ringing you back.

I used it a few years ago to sort out an account query - sent the query off on a Sunday, with a preference to be contacted after 6PM on weekday evenings and on the Wednesday night a very helpful UK representative rang me explained what had happened to my account and then told me what changes they could make and how I would be compensated.

This was a whole lot better than the web chat forms in my opinion!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Services: 200Mb BB, XL TV (with Sky Sports & Movies) + HD supplement, Talk More Anytime
Equipment: Super Hub 3, 2 x 1Tb TiVo's, Hudl 2 (Android 5.1), Moto G4 Plus (Android 6.0.1), Panasonic LCD TV TX-L32G20B & Plasma TV TX-P42S30B
0 Kudos