Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 3 (71 Views)

Re: Complaint

Hi,

Like many other users I'm trying to lodge a formal complaint regarding feedback received from call handlers. I always seem to get connected to non speaking English operatives which isn't a problem to be honest but the information being received by me just isn't working.

Over the past 24 hours I've made several calls to virgin media, sometime getting through isn't a problem and on other occasions, the automated service says it's putting me through to an operative ad it never happens, hence having to call again.

I'm very surprised virgin media does not have a online complaints system, how can this be with technology being the way it is today.

Looks like I'm going to have to put things in writing an send recorded delivery just to ensure someone receives my complaint and if not resolved to my satisfaction, write to the Ombudsman.

As mentioned above, I have spoken to 3 different operative each one giving me false information.  The last person I spoke to call handler "Mohit" was speaking to me like I'm a idiot, even after informing him of my age, qualifications, and that I'm computer literate. 

My router Hub 3 wifi lights keeps flashing, and this has been ongoing for over 24 hours. One caller handler "Arpit" said he changed the mode and that the problem would resolve itself in a couple of hours and that my laptop is not receiving the 200Mbits I'm paying for and he arranged for an operative to come round on Monday 24th.  

I then called and spoke to "Nusrat" and explained the problem, she said the system was updating and could take as long as 4 hours, I explained that it has already been 6 hours and she said it does take a while.  I also said that whilst her previous colleague was helpful he didn't know what he was taking about with regards to my laptop.  I explained that my laptop cold only receive upto 100Mbits because of the adapter linked to said laptop.  She asked me to hard wire my laptop and carried out a test which proved my point.

I have been with virgin for 20 years plus and quite frankly the service appears to be going down hill, something I never thought I'd have to say, especially when I've recommended virgin to many of my friends and family over the years.

As mentioned, I will lodge a formal complaint, and see where that gets me, and if necessary I will terminate my contract with them, because in real terms virgin have breached their contract with me "the consumer."

0 Kudos
Superuser
Message 2 of 3 (48 Views)

Aside from the offshore customer service, which is a seperate issue and one I fully understand (as a tip: if you ring up during the day, go to option 1 > 4 > 5 'thinking of leaving us' then you should get through to English cancellations and from there someone who isn't reading from a script), what is the actual issue you are having?
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question
0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 3 of 3 (23 Views)

Thank you.  An engineer is suppose to be calling today between 8 and midday.  If they fail to attend I will make another call and do as you suggest, and if necessary this company.

0 Kudos