Menu
Enduser
Superfast
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

RE: DocuSign [is this a spoof email ?]

Recently I made some changes to my account and a little later the same day I was emailed a summery of the changes for my information.

The following day I received an email entitled Virgin Media via DocuSign. Just dotting the i's and crossing the t's

There was a link that I was meant to follow to carry out some sort of  'isigning'

I have been with VM for a good number of years, and have made alterations to my package from time to time but I have never received an email like this before.

Can anyone tell me if this email is genuine or otherwise.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: RE: DocuSign [is this a spoof email ?]

Have a look at the email's header properties ... what is the return path?  Also, when you hover your mouse over the link, what is the true URL that is exposed?  If either do not look like genuine VM addresses I would treat as hostile.   Smiley Wink

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Dave_cq wrote:

Have a look at the email's header properties ... what is the return path?  Also, when you hover your mouse over the link, what is the true URL that is exposed?  If either do not look like genuine VM addresses I would treat as hostile.   Smiley Wink

Thanks for that. I still don't like the look of it although it is very genuine looking. I believe that there is a VM site that these can be forwarded too.

0 Kudos
Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

See the thread here: http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Docusign-email/td-p/3130480/highlight/true and note posts 6 and 11 from ravenstar68.

It is never a good idea to click on links provided in an email communication, particularly when unsolicited.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Enduser wrote:

Recently I made some changes to my account and a little later the same day I was emailed a summery of the changes for my information. The following day I received an email entitled Virgin Media via DocuSign. Just dotting the i's and crossing the t's 

Contracts aren't sent out in physical form anymore. They are sent out electronically and signed by the customer via docusign. E-contracts are sent out the next working day after calling in/writing in/upgrading online/etc to change your services.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Enduser Thanks for popping by with the eContract query...

Hi Enduser

Thanks for popping by with the eContract query Smiley Happy

i appreciate the community giving you support which is great and all the community are great at doing this for us.

@Sololobo. That link to the previous thread was spot on and just a little further down on message 10 in the thread I had replied too with this Smiley Happy

EContracts were rolled out by our company from April 4th this year and this is a genuine contract we have sent to you. What you have provided as a screenshot above exactly matches what you should be getting sent by us and is a legitimate e-copy of your contract from us.

I appreciate you coming to the forums to check its validity, as if you're not sure then it's always worth checking with us and the community to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps guys Smiley Happy

Cheers

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Sololobo
Wise owl
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hi Enduser Thanks for popping by with the eContract query...

Karen_A wrote:

Hi Enduser

Thanks for popping by with the eContract query Smiley Happy

i appreciate the community giving you support which is great and all the community are great at doing this for us.

@Sololobo. That link to the previous thread was spot on and just a little further down on message 10 in the thread I had replied too with this Smiley Happy

EContracts were rolled out by our company from April 4th this year and this is a genuine contract we have sent to you. What you have provided as a screenshot above exactly matches what you should be getting sent by us and is a legitimate e-copy of your contract from us.

I appreciate you coming to the forums to check its validity, as if you're not sure then it's always worth checking with us and the community to be on the safe side.

I hope this helps guys Smiley Happy

Cheers

Thanks for the mention in your post Karen_A,

Again I must refer to the post from ravenstar68number 11 in the thread http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Docusign-email/td-p/3130480/highlight/true/page... , which throws serious doubt on the validity and veracity of unsolicited emails relating to VM Docusign.

Just because an email appears to be from Virgin Media, and looks to be from Virgin Media does not mean that it actually is from Virgin Media.

Did you really feed anything back to your "teams" from the 14th June as you said you would here in post #12 http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Security-matters/Docusign-email/td-p/3130480/highlight/true/page... or were you just blowing smoke?

You did say "If I get any further updates on this from them, then I'll pop a message back to you if that's okay." and you didn't. Until now. And in reality you still haven't.

To add insult to injury, VM make it nearly to impossible for their customers to contact them via email. Why then should VM customers believe for an instant that an email, supposedly from them (VM), is valid? Just because you say so really doesn't do it!

And no, your post really doesn't help.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.
0 Kudos
Enduser
Superfast
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Docusign

I cannot understand why, when we are encouraged not to follow links in unsolicited emails, VM decide to roll out Docusign which requires you to follow a link in the form of a button. Docusign is a commercial company and when you look at their Websight they are offering a 30day free trial ?. [do we have to take the free offer to comply with VM's esign request.] Then they are asking for personal information. As in this case it amuses me when they  say that the eform is safer than using paper, or something like that. I think that we all know that the Internet is a very very unsafe place.

It would seem to me that as VM notified all their customers of the annual price increase by letter they could not have informed people of Docusign by letter, either on its own, or as a paragraph in the price increase letter.

0 Kudos
DSCourt1961
Just joined
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Not telling anyone that there will be an mail sent to them so they can verify their new contract is bad enough

Not showing that information clearly in an easily found place on the web site is even worse ... it took me an hour to find this Community Posting !

... and why isn't there an e-mail address you can forward such "phishing type scam e-mails" to like the Banks have ?

Please Virgin ... listen to your customers and make it much easier to get a query like this submitted ... and then dealt with !

0 Kudos
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

VM DO have an email to forward suspected phishing emails - phishing@virginmedia.com.

Like many others I am very unhappy with this, I haven't even clicked the bar to display the images as that sends information back to scammers, and will ignore it and see what happens.

0 Kudos