Menu
rainydayinlondo
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Quickest way to cancel Virgin Media

Hello,

I'm a virgin media customer and I would like to cancel my account, but that is proving difficult:

1. When I try to login, my password isn't accepted, I then proceed through the password reset process which doesn't error, but annoyingly takes me to another password reset screen afterwards in an endless loop.

2. When I call 0345 454 1111, the phone cuts out after 20 minutes of waiting.

3. When I use live chat, only sales are available

Do I really have to visit a Virgin Media store to cancel?

Thanks

Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Quickest way to cancel Virgin Media

The quickest way to give your notice is to call in. It's not possible to give notice through My VM or the Webchat. The stores likely can't provide that support either, as they are limited in the support they can provide.

Currently the 'thinking of leaving us' option (Option 4 -> Option 5, I.E. the Customer Relations Team) is dealing with a massive amount of calls due to a price increase affecting all customers in the same period, rather than being staggered between broadband only customers then everyone else (as it was in the previous price increases.) So as a result, many people are calling in to renegotiate or give their notice and thus the 20+ minutes on hold times happen. not forgetting the limited staffing hours that team has (M-F 8AM to 8PM and 8AM to 6PM Sa.) I've called them several times this week and been on hold for 20 to 30 minutes, but what I did was leave it on hold and do other things until my call was answered.

Alternatively, you can give notice by writing in to the following address: Virgin Media, PO Box 333, Matrix Court, Swansea, SA7 9ZJ. You'll need to include your account number in the letter. Also, inform them of them best time to call you back about it the matter, hours wise.

- - - - - -
Any opinions expressed by myself are entirely my own and do not represent Virgin Media in any way.
rainydayinlondo
Tuning in
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shelke  I'll try writing in by recorded delivery (as I suspect the letter will get lost without recorded delivery).

Just to let you know I visited your Oxford street store on Monday and asked to cancel, they took my details and said they can't process the cancellation in store, but I will be phoned by the cancellation team - 4 days later and the cancellation team still hasn't called. 

Is it just me or is it fair to expect better service from a company with the Virgin brand and swish Usain Bolt adverts?

David1955
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I used webchat and said I was thinking of leaving so they reduced my package by £15+ I have Broadband, Phone and Tv, by this time next year the Tv will be cancelled as by then I will have my second BT box recorder, so when they say you cannot do things on webchat (they are lying) and about going to the store I changed my package 2 years ago, they are just making it difficult to cancel and by doing this they are infuriating customers who may have stayed if they could get through in stead of VEXIT

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

David1955 wrote:

...so when they say you cannot do things on webchat (they are lying) 

They can do plenty but maybe not cancellations. Has anyone cancelled via chat?  Even if you go to customer services they pass you onot retentions.

0 Kudos
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

MAYBE is not an answer, either you know or you don't.

If you really want to cancel remove your Direct Debit in your bank account to Virgin 'I did with my mobile phone' they sent me emails so I tried to pay what I owed (£8) 'what hassle I went through trying to pay the last months payment, so I gave up.

If you get an email saying they are giving you something for free, just wait a couple of month and you will get an email about a price increase.

0 Kudos
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I just got some badges for commenting in these forums, well you can stick your badges and give some respect and reconpense to old customers instead

David1955
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Sorry when i said you can cancel via webchat it was not correct as I got transferred and was able to get a better deal, so really I didn't cancel my arrangement, I didn't mean to confuse anyone, but I did reduce it by £20 then £15 from Feb-Mar 2017, mind you it will still pay for my BT recorder to replace my Tivo (which is slow and way behind in technology) when I cancel my Virgin TV in Sep 2017

0 Kudos
arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

David1955 wrote:

Sorry when i said you can cancel via webchat it was not correct as I got transferred and was able to get a better deal, so really I didn't cancel my arrangement

That makes you a liar then...

0 Kudos
David1955
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Go troll elsewhere. Too long in the tooth to be bothered by you
0 Kudos