Menu
ninjapip77
Settling in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Quick Billing Question

This might be a simple question but I haven't been able to find a clear answer.

I've been looking at signing up with Virgin Media for Broadband, Tv and Phone. Can anyone tell me how the bill is formatted?

I need to know if the bill is separated out showing the separate charges for broadband, phone and tv, or if it just shows one bundle price. I do need a bill which shows a breakdown but I know not all providers do this, so VM may be a no go for me.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quick Billing Question

Quick answer. VM sell bundles. Bills are priced in bundles not individual items. I would bet a penny to a £ that you want the broadband element and phone element separated out for tax/business reasons. Well you can get base prices for each service from the VM web site and apportion what you consider a reasonable amount for business. I used to do that and HMRC never queried it once. You can also get an itemised phone bill and charge the business calls to tax. Spreadsheet time to keep track!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Quick answer. VM sell bundles. Bills are priced in bundles not individual items. I would bet a penny to a £ that you want the broadband element and phone element separated out for tax/business reasons. Well you can get base prices for each service from the VM web site and apportion what you consider a reasonable amount for business. I used to do that and HMRC never queried it once. You can also get an itemised phone bill and charge the business calls to tax. Spreadsheet time to keep track!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
0 Kudos
ninjapip77
Settling in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your reply. You're sort of on the right track re my reasons... basically my employer says that if I make myself available to be contacted in case of emergency by phone or email on evenings then they will reimburse my broadband, telephone, and line rental. Unfortunately if I give them a bill which includes the TV all in one price then it gets rejected because they can't say for sure how much by broadband and phone cost. A bit annoying but it's a rule I'm stuck with.. it works out ok at the moment because my BT bill shows TV as a separate charge.

0 Kudos