Menu
grroli
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quality

Due to dwindling finance I reduced my package and since the service has been very poor, after complaining I received a letter 8 weeks later saying they would be in touch and sorry for the delay, that was a week ago. I am a 87 year old customer that's been on cable for many years.

Grrr

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
grroli
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Quality

Thank you for the reply and advice.

Grr

0 Kudos

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hey Grr !

Nice to meet you

In the first instance you will get a reply from people like me (paying customers who help out) so we can point you the right way...

Can you be a bit more specific? Which service/services have been poor since you reduced your package?

0 Kudos
grroli
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

Tivo box slow, email (blueyonder) not accesable for long periods. The package reduction took a long number of hours with three different people to complete, having to start the request from the beginning each time, then wrong billing on my bank account (paperless). At 87 years of age wasting hours of my wifes and my hours not to mention the frustration, which we oldies do not want. I am changing my Virgin email to another provider, it appears to me that Virgin do not want to provide the service ?. 

The letter answering my original complaint came from, Customer Complaints Swansea, signed by Karen Ingham giving me the option to go to CISAS because my complaint had not been answered for 8 weeks - do I want this bother ? - no I don't, I just want a reasonable service. So is your reply an answer to this ?

Grr  (stands for great great granddad, not a growl)

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

grroli wrote:

So is your reply an answer to this ?

Grr  (stands for great great granddad, not a growl)

Not really, I was simply trying to work out if there was anything we (as in the people on this Forum, not VM) could help you with. But the issues you raise are well known, both by us paying customers and VM (we tell them often enough, at some point it must go in one would assume)

Unfortunately at this point I couldn't agree more. I dont use my VM Email account much as its not fit for purpose, I NEVER deal with 1st line support on the phone as they are the worst trained "support staff" I have had the misfortune to deal with, and VM's attitude to dealing with complaints does leave a lot to be desired.

If you are going to stay with their services I would offer you the following advice

• Migrate your email account to one NOT tied to your ISP
  • If you need anything doing with your account, ring in on 150 and use option4, then 5. During UK office hours that will land you with onshore support who are MUCH better than 1st line offshore.
  • Any technical help you need, come here

0 Kudos
grroli
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thank you for the reply and advice.

Grr

0 Kudos