Menu
Tang35
Tuning in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Promised £150 vouchers

Has anyone else been promised £150 vouchers before signing up?

I was promised if i sign up i would receive £150 amazon vouchers as a new customer.

I joined online and was told i would receive a link to my email to get the vouchers!!

This was never true and i called customer retention who were useless and said because its my word against theirs nothing can be done! I asked if the call was recorded and they said not all calls are recorded. As there was no notes on their system left by the agent they couldn't help!!!

The service i have received so far is totally unacceptable and i am thinking of cancelling my contract and going with another faithful SP.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Promised £150 vouchers

Hi Tang35 and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear you're having trouble getting hold of your vouchers for joining us.

I'd like to have a look into this for you so I'll drop you a private message for more information. Just click on the small envelope to the top right.

Thanks, 

Michael_JK
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

ambergrush
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi there

I am having the exact same issue - I've looked online and it seems there's no shortage of VM doing this. It's unbelievable, because now it's too late to cancel and if you do anyway they will ruin your credit score. Total prisoner to a company which has gone back on their offer!

Have you had any luck yet? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tang35, 

I'm sorry to hear you've not yet received your vouchers. This can sometimes happen but we are more than happy to chase things up for you. 

Taking a look at the account, I'm not seeing any record of the vouchers being offered at the point of sale. After you ordered your services you would have received an Order Confirmation email. This would have included a reference starting with WS followed by numbers. Have you still got this by any chance? 

If so there is a section in there that has 'Promotional Offers'. It will have written below this the Voucher offer and the amount of vouchers. If you still have this, we can raise this to the Rewards Team to resolve. 

If you haven't got this email then we won't be able to offer the vouchers as currently, the account isn't eligible. 

Hope to hear back from you soon Smiley Happy

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi ambergrush, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having this issue too. 

I've just replied to your thread here: Has anyone actually ever actually received the £50 referral credit?

Please make sure you are only posting once about your issue. We understand it's frustrating when something's not right however posting more than once about the same fault makes the boards look busier than what they actually are. It also means we could take longer to reply due to needing to sift through duplicate posts.

Have a look at my reply on the other thread and stick with that one so we keep all the information in one place. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tang35
Tuning in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

So basically if there if there is no notes on the account left i have no leg to stand on.

I called Virgin media and was told as a new customer regardless of what package i take out i would receive £150 amazon vouchers by a sales person.I then went online and took the deal out and heard nothing more about the vouchers? The Sales person i spoke to said i should receive an email within 30 days with a link to take me to the vouchers. 

I feel very misled and disappointing at the way i have been treated by the customer retention's team at virgin media. The reply i was given was ''if there is no notes on our system we cant help. So i am left feeling defeated with no leg to stand on!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tang35, 

Thanks for coming back to me on this and no, that isn't the case. 

The first port of call for us is to check the account to see if there are any notes on there. If not, we ask for any proof you may have of the offer so in this case, I've asked for the email you would of had after ordering the services confirming everything. 

If you haven't got this then we take a look at our records to find out what offer was available when you took out the package. 

Looking at the offers available when you took out your package, there was a voucher offer at the time for our bundles packages. If you didn't take all 3 services then there was no voucher offer available as the last time we offered vouchers for a single service account was in August 2015. 

I understand you're frustrated and I'd love nothing more than to resolve this for you however I need help from you to do that. If you have the email, send it to me via the address I gave you in the private message. If you haven't then I'm afraid there is nothing further we can do Smiley Sad

Speak soon,

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tang35, 

Thanks for sending me that via private message. 

No where on the email does it show the Promotional Offer of the vouchers meaning this was not part of the order Smiley Sad

On this occasion we would not be able to chase this further for you as it was never selected Smiley Sad

Apologies. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

0 Kudos
Tang35
Tuning in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

exactly what i mean.

Totally useless!

You only go by what has been put on paper! Not believing the customer or listening to recorded calls!! i was physically told over the phone by your agent this offer and because this has not been noted you cant help!! 

Once again useless at helping your customers.

I will be making my thoughts known on twitter, and all social media!

Tang35
Tuning in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

No luck im afraid.

Virgin dont care about lying to their customers and giving false information.

Because the agent did not put this in their notes you dont have a leg to stand on and they think you are lying!!

0 Kudos