Menu
Shroko
Up to speed
Message 1 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Price rise dissatisfaction

Can anyone from Virgin please justify the 3rd price rise this year, the next being due in November?

Prices will increase by £3.49 a month for the majority of customers in November. On 1st February this year Virgin increased prices by an average of 5.4%. followed by another rise in June which was put down to Sky increasing the prices.

I cannot understand how so many increases in one year can be justified. Especially since the customer service is becoming worse and the TiVo service is always sluggish, despite the recent update, which by the way has made the TiVo even more poor, where have all the HD films gone?

I think the likes of Tom Mockridge and the Virgin executive team are completely obliviious to what customers really think about Virgin, you only have to look at the forums here, online or talk to other customers to see how unhappy VM customers are.

I have been a customer for years, this latest price increase coupled with worsening service has led me to cancel my contract, that in itself was an awful experience which took the best part of the day to sort.

Im glad I've left. I think others will be doing the same.

Helpful Answers
Bungle72
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 64
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Price rise dissatisfaction

how long is the period off notification to cancel and actual  disconnection?

All Replies
Bungle72
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 64
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

how long is the period off notification to cancel and actual  disconnection?

Shroko
Up to speed
Message 3 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi Bungle,

I've been a VM customer for nearly 8 years. When I called to cancel, which was a difficult experience in itself, as no one seemed to know how much notice I had to give, at first I was told I was under contract and couldn't cancel, but after wasting another hour and a half, I eventually managed to cancel, I still had to give 30 days notice, which I was told is the minimum period required if you are a long term customer.
0 Kudos
Bungle72
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, planning on switching service myself. latest rises are a bit of a liberty. vm has a good service but just getting too costly now

Dazeebo
Tuning in
Message 5 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Come November its bye bye virgin from me
ian-c
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Bungle72 wrote:

Thanks, planning on switching service myself. latest rises are a bit of a liberty. vm has a good service but just getting too costly now

This next rise is a 'global' liberty!

Note that Virgin Media annual profits were UP with a 38% surge. That's a leap in underlying earnings to £377.5m in 2015, up from £274.1m in 2014

-----------------------------------------------------------
I am in an OVER UTILISED VIRGIN MEDIA AREA - poor speeds of 0.3Mbps to 4Mbps every evening.
Contention reference "F002896495", has now become F004952644.
Ongoing since March 2014. 16 review dates... Next Review JANUARY 2018
adecooper
Dialled in
Message 7 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I'll be leaving too. £50 for a second hand humax pvr and £30 for a fire tv stick and I'll have a much better experience than the awful tivo box.
It's not the way to keep customers is it?
Womble2
Tuning in
Message 8 of 64
Flag for a moderator

I absolutely agree with everything you say.

The Virgin service is atrocious and we will leave as soon as our contract ends. We have been without any internet for days on end in the past few months and cannot use Catch up through TiVo for some reason. The compensation we have had from Virgin is derisory. The agent we spoke to on the phone was unhelpful to the point of rudeness.

They have a near monopoly on fast internet (on paper at least) and as a result provide an appalling service to their customers. Everyone should leave as soon as they can and maybe then they will do something to improve the service.

Shroko
Up to speed
Message 9 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Hi Womble,

You don't need to wait for your contract to end to cancel this poor excuse for a "service" from VM.

Every VM customer is affected by the recent price rise, if you haven't been informed about it yet, you will soon.

You and any other customer of VM absolutely have the entitlement to leave due to price changes and this is in The VM terms and conditions. If all services are changing in price then this should be applicable across the board. If only one service was changing in price this would be relevant to that one service only.

In the latest price hike, all services are affected, all you need to do is give VM 30 days notice of cancellation due to the price increase.

Be warned though, dealing with VM's customer service is akin to shoving red hot pokers into your eye sockets.

Once you do finally cancel though, the feeling of satisfaction is second to none.

Good luck!

Womble2
Tuning in
Message 10 of 64
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Shroko.

That's very informative and good to know. We actually tried to cancel our contract a few weeks ago but were told byVirgin that we couldn't because they said we had taken out a new contract when we upgraded our internet speed a few months ago and so had to stay with them for 12 months. At the time of upgrading we were not told this constituted a new contract. Again very poor customer service from Virgin.
But we shall certainly persevere now although we have experienced what it's like dealing with Virgin customer service!
Thanks again for the info.
0 Kudos