Menu
roseannabryan
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Price increase

Hi, 

Is virgin doing any price increases for there services?

Sky are and other companies usually do when one does. 

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Price increase

@Dave_cq

Don't think we need a crystal ball for knowing if Virgin will have a rise this year. lol

It will be 100% guaranteed there will be a rise, just knowing when will be the guessing game :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.

All Replies
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry, the batteries in my crystal ball just ran out.       Smiley Indifferent

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
teabag
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Dave_cq

Don't think we need a crystal ball for knowing if Virgin will have a rise this year. lol

It will be 100% guaranteed there will be a rise, just knowing when will be the guessing game :-)
---------------------------------------------------------------
BB 200 - Hub 3, Phone Talk w/ends, Mobile Sim only £9 and £5 big bundle sim. Customer since 1993.
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Of course there will be a price increase. I have no doubt that by the end of the year sky will also have another price increase. And before anyone starts about the rate of inflation. The rate of inflation is a summary of 550 items from the previous month and how much they have gone up. It is not a guide to how much a company should increase their prices by. The railways have a broad criteria they must stick to, but companies such as sky, virgin are not included in any such binding guide and can put up their prices every month as much as they want to without penalty.
0 Kudos
vinyldj
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I must admit I'm getting fed up with the price increases for the Broadband service, I am now paying £33.24 for 70mb Broadband (only the broadband no other services) a £4 hike from my steady bill price of £29.24 (which had of course been increased to that figure over the years). They also increased it in May this year to £32.84 and then as above to £33.24 in June. No change to my service same as its always been but a £4 increase it's just not good enough. Price increases are always annoying and I expect them year on year but not this amount.

I haven't forgotten the 50mb to 70mb FREE speed increase for loyal customers either - yeah if I remember correctly the price increased the following month.

Particularly annoying as the current new customer deal for 50MB broadband is at £26 for 12 months.

virgin bill.jpg

0 Kudos