Menu
Highlighted
Koikby
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Price increase - leave and rejoin?

I've received an email from VM explaining that I can leave before 30th September because of price increases due from 1st November.  If I cancel my contract, would I be able to join VM straight away again via a site like uSwitch to get a better "new customer" deal?  For example, VIVID 100 for £30 pm compared to my current £35+ for 70mb.  If I called to cancel, would VM be likely to offer me a better deal to stay?

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Price increase - leave and rejoin?

No

Yes

In that order.

You can ring now and renegotiate your contract if you want, any negotiation you do now will factor in the price increase already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

No

Yes

In that order.

You can ring now and renegotiate your contract if you want, any negotiation you do now will factor in the price increase already.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Lisanne
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I asked this yesterday as our bills will increase to £80+ per month. The response was "you got the benefit from a special start up package when you joined so therefore are not entitled to the £55 pm Vivo200 that's for new customers". "If you choose to leave you have to give us 30 days notice and cannot rejoin for a further 3 months."

arrgee1991
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Lisanne wrote:

I asked this yesterday as our bills will increase to £80+ per month. The response was "you got the benefit from a special start up package when you joined so therefore are not entitled to the £55 pm Vivo200 that's for new customers". 

Maybe, but if you are prepared to walk away then you may find you get a better deal from retentions.  Sometimes not quite as good as the new customer deal, but sometimes better...

0 Kudos
Unhappy7
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

When you want a better deal never go to virgin customers service or the shops always go to "thinking of leaving us " on the phone option,as they will always give you a better deal ,plus you can change your plan anytime without waiting for you contact to end 

0 Kudos
Charlie_t
Joining in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

My Son Contacted vm and gave 30 days notice after 2 weeks he was contacted by a different department to advise him how the closure of his account was progressing. He was offered 200mb BB All phone calls Including 1000 min international for £38.00.. Which he happily accepted

0 Kudos
pavmas
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well price increases are hard when you have  no rises in wages but its better you talk to them, me  I changed my package and had a price set that was acceptable and thats me for 12 months.  I have been with BT Sky over the years and now been will Virgin about 8 years. They are the best around and two son has BT another has Sky the other changed to virgin when he found out BT Sports was included in my package. The two with Sky are constantly no internet for a week at a time pay through the nose if anything needs sorted. The wife and I don't watch much TV but use netflix and amazon. You might find cheaper elsewhere but remember you get what you pay for, wait till BT caps your internet usage or Sky BB goes off for 2 days. My advice is talk to them and see what they will offer you to sign for another 12 months. You might be surprised.

0 Kudos
pukcle
Tuning in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

One thing I have learned with over 25+ years with VM & previous equivalents; there is zero loyalty, absolutely non, zero and zilch, they do not give a t@ss if you stay or go. VM take it for granted you'll stay with them, they take this 2 the extreme. I have paid thousands to this business over the years, & never have I truly had what I'd class as a well chuffed deal that I'm super happy with!! They have a totally inflated ego regarding their services, and now it's only just slightly above average, if that!! After all, its still only freaking broadband, simply the Internet, nothing more & you need 2 start accepting yr competitors are right behind you :-D
brads
Dialled in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I have been with Sky for over 10 years,i then left and joined BT,i then moved to Virgin last year.With Sky i never had one single problem with tv or broadband,they were just getting expensive so i moved to BT,They had great broadband but the TV was awful.So i moved to Virgin,i have the top package with 200Mbps broadband,the TV is fantastic but the broadband is the slowest i have ever had i get around 30Mbps.I have a Tivo 6 and the latest hub.After complaining i finaly got an answer which was a couple of months ago saying they would look into it in January 2018.I have got a letter saying the price will rise but it will not affect me because i am on a 12 month deal but if i am unhappy i can move at no cost .I have noticed that a few people that are in the same situation as me have called to leave and have been told that they will have to pay even though at the bottom of the letter it says you can move at no extra cost.

0 Kudos