Menu
ReX83
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Pre installation survey before signing the contract

Hello,

I am going to move home soon and the new house is covered by Virgin (according to the Virgin website).

Before subscribing for the e-contract (I've found a 30GBP deal on Uswitch for the 100 VIVID package - not sure if there is better), I'd like to confirm the work required (the house has been just refurbished).

How do I book a pre-installation appointment? It is not possible do to before buying, via the Virgin/Uswitch link.

After the pre-installation visit, can I buy the contract online and decide to have the installation on a given day in future (the move in date) or they will come as soon as they are available?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre installation survey before signing the contract

Hi ReX83,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community Smiley Happy

In order to book a pre-installation visit, you will need to speak to the Movers team. 

They will check if you new address is serviceable and what work, if any, is required. Call them on 150 / 0345 454 1111 and follow the options for moving home Smiley Happy

Come back and let us know how the call goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

ReX83
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kath,

Thanks for the answer!

I thought the move team was in charge of moving existing customers to new homes. I am a new customer, will they cover this kind of request?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi ReX83

My apologies for the confusion, and no, the Home Movers teams will support existing customers transferring from and active Virgin Media account to a new address covered by Virgin Media.

With regards to a Spotters request, we can arrange this once an account is raised for you via uSwitch. Once the account is created and the pending installation is there if you contact us to speak to our Pre Install teams they can arrange a spotter for you.

To speak to Pre Install you would need to call in on 0345 454 1111 and choose any of the main billing options that lead you to a Care agent in Customer services. They will then transfer you through for this to be arranged for you.

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes Smiley Very Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos