Menu
ddhutia
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Pre install issue

Please can you help with I am getting with try to get my service installed. It a long story and I have been brief as possible.

Firstly I would like to say your India based call centres are totally useless and unhelpful and in some cases rude. 

I booked the install in September as part at the Home Building and Renovation show. However from this point the service I received has been awful.

I booked a tri play package. However I am told no phone line is available due to capacity a Virgin issue and because of this I HAVE to pay MORE I have told multiple time it will be available soon i ask how long no more than a few weeks before I will be available. I told i have to take a 18 month more expensive contract instead of 12 month contract. So i guess Virgin goes by the motto Less is More Money. I would think booking an install in September would be enough notice. I been told on 3 occasion I will get a phone back in-48 hours still not got one back.

I getting to a point no longer want service for Virgin

0 Kudos
Tudor
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Pre install issue

This needs escalation. VM should not expect customers to pay more for broadband and TV service if they cannot physically provide a landline due to over subscription or location. I understand the marketing logic behind the prices of landline/broadband/TV package being cheaper than a broadband/TV package ONLY if they can provide all three services.

There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

How long you have to wait will depend on when someone else leaves Virgin & a slot becomes available in the cabinet. Multi-service discounting may seem unfair if you cant get one of the services. But then if VM started giving the same discounting to people with two services as those with three in other areas that would lead to just as many complaints. Its a no win situation.

If a shop offers a discount for three of an item, but there are only two left on the shelf, would you still expect the same discount to be offered for buying two.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
ddhutia
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks modrogd 

0 Kudos
ddhutia
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

My install is due this Tuesday. I'm not getting much progress or escalation considering this. Still awaiting a call back 

0 Kudos
ddhutia
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Still no callback was promised one on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi ddhutia

Many thanks for taking the time to get in touch with us about the issues you had with the install and the line. I understand the situation you had was not ideal, but I'd still like to welcome you to the community and thank you for joining us on the forums.

I appreciate at the time of your post there was an issue with the line being able to be set up with us but it looks as if this has been sorted now since you posted to us and the installation included a working line for you which is great Smiley Happy

If there is anything else you need us to support you with then please just let us know Smiley Happy

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos