Menu
Bilal007
Tuning in
Message 1 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Poor install not even 24 hours going to cancel

OMG what poor service . Had 4 engineers got home today and I can tell you now that I could have done a better job blind folded. All I wanted was one broadband and telephone line simple. All I got was two brown boxes on my wall look awful and a cable trailing out of the ground which a dog has just dug up probably damaged. The phone socket was put on the wrong wall when I told them it needs to go on the side where the other box is so cupboard can go back I told that to the manger who arrived 45mins before the workers. To top it off called broadband team virgin when I got home they told me to pull the power cable out and I noticed on the cable ONLY TO BE USED WITH HUB 2.0 I have hub 3.0 so you guessed it technical told me I must unplug and not use it. So also no broadband now. Called customer service who told me once it's all up and running I will need to call them and they will credit the account. I waited over one month for the installation and been told that I have to wait over a week now for rectification work. All I can say is thank the Lord I did not cancel my SKY broadband and I also have two lines in the house excluding the virgin line. The install is less than 24 hours old and I can tell you now I will be calling in the morning to yes cancel this aggravation and go with another provider.
Bad experience

Helpful Answers
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor install not even 24 hours going to cancel

Hello Bilal007,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your install. I've tried to check this for you, but I can't find your account info. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your address so I can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Doesn't look like over utilization at least so seems like something they could fix easier. However as it's your last day of cooling off period, you should strongly take the chance and leave (even if you come back later - at least you will get another 14 days to make sure there are no issues)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

All Replies
Bilal007
Tuning in
Message 2 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Oh and not to mention the cttv on the foot path is sticking out tried to push down won't go flush down. Someone will probably fall so Virgin you have been warned.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello Bilal007,

Thanks for posting and a warm welcome to the community Smiley Very Happy

Sorry to hear about the problems with your install. I've tried to check this for you, but I can't find your account info. Would you please drop me a PM confirming your address so I can investigate further.

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Bilal007
Tuning in
Message 4 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi telephone number for virgin line is removed

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bilal007,

Thanks for confirming your address Smiley Happy

I've tested your connection and it appears your Hub is offline right now. Do you have it turned off? If so, please keep it turned on so we can perform diagnostics.

Thanks again,

Take care.

Heather_J

0 Kudos
Bilal007
Tuning in
Message 6 of 14
Flag for a moderator

My issues have been going on from install date and the reason you can not see my broadband online is because Virgin Tech told me I must unplug the power as the power supply that was fitted by Virgin on install date 16th March 2017 is for the Hub 2 and not for the Hub 3 which I have. So hence why the broadband is not showing online. Anyway I have spoken to Virgin multi times since the 16th of March 2017, due to the lack of service and poor instillation. I had to wait a week for it to be sorted and to add insult to injury Virgin wanted me to give me back £6!!!! what a disgrace. They came back and sorted the poor install but now currently at the moment my Broadband speed is poor wired and wireless and very goes from 40mb, to 65mb not getting the speed I should be, I called Virgin again on Tuesday 28th March 2017 and she did all her tests and while I was on the phone she asked me how far the Virgin cabinet was from my house to which I replied 4.5m its outside the house to which I was told I should easily be hitting 100mb. Which I did when it was first installed but that was only for about one hour until Virgin told me to turn off my internet and leave it off because the wrong power supply has been fitted. Anyway I am now waiting for another week for another engineer to turn up on Monday 3rd April 2017 and have to wait in again which is simply not good enough and since the 16th March 2017 we have had now six engineers and two managers turn up which is quite simply shocking. You really can not charge people for this kind of service and I am not sure how many chances Virgin need to put things right. I am not sure if I can cancel this service if that's what you can call it, and I will be emailing the CEO. Just shocking!  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Honestly wouldn't of bothered with offshore. The fact they asked you how far you are from the cabinet makes me laugh. It doesn't make a difference like it does with BT/sky.

With the speeds, will disregard wireless as that's effected by too much. With the wired speeds did you notice the slower speeds between 3-11pm and then faster in the mornings?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 14
Flag for a moderator

With regards to cancelling, you have 14 days from install. So if you are going to do it, today is pretty much your last chance.

0 Kudos
Bilal007
Tuning in
Message 9 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Ive tried at 2am and speed was 48mb wired and then 6am in the morning 58mb.
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 10 of 14
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Doesn't look like over utilization at least so seems like something they could fix easier. However as it's your last day of cooling off period, you should strongly take the chance and leave (even if you come back later - at least you will get another 14 days to make sure there are no issues)