Menu
Jimzy101
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Poor Service

I have 2 Accounts with VM, 1 for me & another for my Mum who is an 87 year pensioner.  Just before Christmas my Mum was called by VM with an offer for Sky Cinema.  Initially my Mum agreed to this offer, but thought better of it and telephoned the very next day to cancel.  Despite getting assurances from the Customer Services Agent on 3 separate occasions during the call that this was cancelled, low and behold it WASN'T!!

Upon receiving the January Bill I noticed 2 charges for this.  1 for the usage in December and another for the month forthcoming.  This therefore added an extra circa ~£30 to her bill.

I telephone VM to discuss this and they admitted that the error was on their behalf.  VM agreed to Credit the overcharges on next Months bill but would not commit to the figure.  They also said this information would be available on My Account within 48 hours.  Here I am 5 days later with no information of this at all.

Whilst discussing this with the CS Agent & her Manager, I vented my annoyance that a pensioner was taken advantage of, and that she has to suffer a full month (and that is if VM actually reimburse the correct amount?) paying this extra money.  Regardless of systems/standard processes, there should be a facility whereby a Manager can arrange for Manual instant correction/override to ensure errors like this can be credited in the same month.

I therefore asked for some compensation on this account due to the inconvenience my Mum has to suffer paying this extra amount for a full month (maybe longer?) but was greeted with a firm "sorry, no".

I think it's appalling that VM take your money up front, even when they admit it is their error, and don't compensate you for another month or so (especially where money is tight for instances like this).  This is basically increasing VM's cashflow, god knows how many customers they do this to!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Service

Hi Jimzy101

I appreciate you getting in touch with us about your Mums account and the service you have received with respect to this and apologise that that this has been your experience with us Smiley Sad

For us to support our customers with any kind of billing query all billing and package queries that need to be looked into, do have to be dealt with by our teams in a secure way, either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and work to resolve any issues you have with billing or packages. As the forums are public we need to be supporting you in this way to keep your data confidential.

I have further information that may support you with this and I’ll drop this to you in a pm where I can confirm some detail with you to make sure I am offering the right support to you.

You can find this on the forums in the purple envelope up next to your forum name.

Please pop back to me on this and let us know how things go when you contact the teams to discuss this with them.

Kind regards,

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

Jimzy101
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Just an update on this...

I telephone VM again about this issue and was PROMISED that the Direct Debit Payment would be reduced to the normal amount, so no additional charges would be taken.  I asked the Agent on 4 occasions to ensure this WAS going to be done, to which he confirmed.

I subsequently had a couple of replies to this post by Admin, and low and behold on the evening before the DD was due to come out, VM confirmed that the amount would in fact be the higher/overcharged amount.

That means now I have been given 3 separate pieces of information about this issue by VM CS Agents and all 3 have been lies.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jimzy101, 

Thanks for your post and for popping back with an update. 

I can only apologise for the issues you faced trying to get the Sky channels removed. 

Karen did explain to you via PM that in order for us to amend a direct debit, it has to be 5 days or more before the payment is due to be made. As it was only 2 days she was unable to do this and gave you steps on how to do this yourself instead. 

Since posting, I can see a new bill was generated with the credit showing and so the new payment is lower. To check what this is, visit My Virgin Media Smiley Happy

Apologies once again but we're glad things are resolved now. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos