Menu
raider101
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Poor Customer service

I have been a virgin media (NTL) customer for well over ten 10 year and stayed with them in recent years mainly due to their broadband speeds.

I even stayed when I upgraded to the HD box on launch for virgin to fall out with sky and have a very small HD offering.

We pay around ninety pound a month for the big kahuna package recently I saw an advert on tv offering what looked like a better option to my package for fifty five pound a month, so i contacted virgin to see what they could do.

after three phone calls over three days the summary word for word from the first advisor is there is nothing they can do to offer me the same package (other than what can be best described as a token gesture) and my best option is to leave then come back (amazing way to keep business).

Also it transpired from these phone calls the the new package also includes the new router and the new tivo and given I have had loads of issues with the tivo and made numerous complaints about its poor service you would have thought customer support would have been a  little more helpful, I am also still running the original home hub with what can be described as patchy wifi at best.

Following my last phone call to them I decided it wasn't worth wasting my breathe voicing my concerns and gave them my notice to leave......sad that there seems to be no benefit for being a loyal customer with this company.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Rising star
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer service

new customers always get the better deals. if you go with sky you will get a deal, but as time goes on, other new customers will get a better deal than you. it's a business model used by many companies to get you onboard with little or no profit to them initially. companies are kept in business by 'loyal' customers, not new ones.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer service

Hi raider101

Many thanks for joining us on the community and thanks for popping by with your post about the offer you had had at the time with us.

I appreciate your concerns about the new customer vs legacy customer offers and this is always going to be a discussion point among the customer base.

We and other companies will always have new customer deals available for new customers only and once their offers expire they too will be paying the natural offer price that existing customers will pay. At some point everyone is a new customer with us and will have usually benefitted from whatever offer was available to them at that time, even if this was a number of years back.

I can see though that since you posted you have chatted to the teams and they have looked to review the options they were able to give to you and I'm happy that you have been in touch with them about this.

If you need anything else form the teams regarding your package or pricing then please pop back to them via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat

To speak to the Webchat teams just choose the option in the column on the left that best matches your needs and tab over to the right through the menu to get to the Chat Online option.

Via these options our teams can clear security with you and support you with billing or packages queries. As the forums are public, supporting you in this way is the best way to keep your data confidential.

Let us know if you need anything else from us and we’ll be happy to help Smiley Happy

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos