Menu
007chris
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Poor Customer Service - basically told PAY DOUBLE or Leave we don’t care

BEWARE WHEN YOUR CONTRACT ENDS PAY DOUBLE OR PUSH OFF

That’s what I was told.

I came to the end of my contract in Nov 2016 we were on a 12 month contract bundle £7.25 and Line Rental £13.66 (paid in advance) monthly cost £20.86.

From Nov the cost has been £42.73 per month.

£23.73 for phone and Broadband and £19 line rental an increase of £21.87 MORE THAN DOUBLE.

I called to ask if anything could be done to reduce this huge and unfair increase and was told No!

I said in that case I’d have to consider leaving, I said that they were doing a deal on Moneysupermarket for £26 a month could I have that? No she said New customers only.

I asked ‘so there is no one there who could help me and you are happy to let me leave?’

‘Yes’ she said ‘I can’t make it any less’.

I double checked that she was happy to let me leave and she said ‘Yes’ confirmed there was no alternative. They would not even consider trying to help me.

This is appalling customer service – this is a warning to you all! Virgin are not nice people once they have got you hooked.

I am now off to find another provider - Plusnet TalkTalk?

Unless there is anyone there at Virgin who feels my custom is important to them.

But who wants loyal customers over new customers?

Chris

0 Kudos
coh
Tuning in
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Customer Service - basically told PAY DOUBLE or Leave we don’t care

Had exactly the same experience, although after I did a deal for BT Fibre,+TVinc BTSport+Phone [less £150 BT voucher and  £140 Quidco cashback] had two calls offering me the earth that they simply couldn't do when I asked previously!
After being obliged to waste hours sorting a deal out elsewhere I told Virgin they had tried to take me for a mug and I resented it.
Once my new cheaper deal comes to an end I may go back to Virgin if BT play hardball.

0 Kudos