Menu
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor Billing System if you get electronic only bills

I am so frustrated that as I have opted for electronic billing only - that bills are always out of date and I keep getting late fees because of it.

My last bill said I owed over £200 and this was wrong because I had already paid £130.

I have spent over an hour today talking to an on line rep who seemed to just be making up policy as he went along.

I so want to cancel all my dealings with virgin but just dont know where to start. Someone help me.

I pay Virgin over £300 a month and thats just too much isn't it.

0 Kudos
Dave_cq
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Billing System if you get electronic only bills

I might be tempting fate but I've always paid by direct debit and never had a problem.

£300 a month ... Crunch! ... that was the sound of my jaw hitting the floor.    Smiley Surprised

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi campaigns, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having difficulty paying your bill on time. 

Looking in to the account, the late fees you are getting are because when paying your bill, you're only paying a certain amount. The rest is rolling over to the next bill which then generates the late fee. 

Your bills are generated around the 23rd - 27th of the month. View your bill within My Virgin Media and make sure you are paying the full balance. Once you're at £0, set up a direct debit and this will ensure your bills are paid on time so nothing will roll over and you'll only be paying for your services, call charges and pay per view content, if any. 

I hope that helps explain things. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
campaigns
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I don't particularly want to have a direct debit though as I can not keep track of your billing. Charges seem to go up every other month.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi campaigns

You can still pay manually, the option to go onto a Direct Debit was just a suggestion from Kath to support you as this method of payment means you never miss a payment date and you don't have to think about your billing in that way. You still have the option to challenge bills with us if these look incorrect to you before the money is debited providing you get in touch with us at least a5 days before the DD due date.

That aside, if you'd prefer to pay manually then that’s fine too of course but if you do carry any balance forward from one bill to the next then you will get a Late Payment fee and the totals do go up on the amount owed. If you can catch up with your billing so the balance brought forward and current bill are up to date then your monthly amounts will drop considerably.

Keep in touch if you need anything else and we'll support you wherever we can.

Thanks again.

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos