Menu
Emkona
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Please amend my credit report

I would like a phone number to speak to someone from accounts about a default on my credit report which I was extremely Un happy about when I received from no fault of my own from moving house. Which i notified you off and the new address.Settled the balance immediately and 2 years on it is still affecting my life. Crazy thing is its the only ever negative thing on it ever. Thank you
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Please amend my credit report

Hi Emkona

Thanks for popping by and for checking in with us about the credit file amendment. I'm sorry to hear this has affected you in any way Smiley Sad

You can directly contact the teams via our Customer Care number of 0345 454 1111 where they can then pop you over to Consumer Underwriting, the team that liase with the credit referencing agencies, or you can drop them an email at creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk.

Keep in touch and let us know how this goes, and thanks too for joining us on the forums Smiley Happy

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Danzzig
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I am having the exact same issue. I closed my account, moved home and Virgin Media decided to put a random 24 pound charge on my account with no attempt to contact me. After two years I've only just found out about this and am now unable to renew my mortgage without forking out an additional 6000 pounds, and I'm expecting our first baby in 3 months.

Everyone I have spoken to in customer services have made promises that they have not kept. It's having an extremely detrimental effect on my pregnant wife's well being and it is proving to be the worst experience ever.

Nearly two months later and there's still no change to the £24 default on my credit report - they couldn't email me any confirmations and they have failed to ever EVER phone me back after promising someone would.

It is genuinely the worst service I've ever received with anything, mainly because it genuinely feels like no one cares at all that this company is literally ruining our families lives.

Is there anyone who has any way whatsoever of resolving this without sending us round another 15 departments, all of whom seem to need "that other department" to sort it out.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Danzzig, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums Smiley Happy 

You can contact the credit amendments team using the following details:

By phone on: 0800 052 0290. They are open Monday - Friday 10:00 - 18:00 and Saturday 09:00 - 13:00. They are closed on Sundays.

By post at: 

Consumer Underwriting

Virgin Media

Eagle Court 3

Coventry Road

Sheldon

Birmingham

B26 3RZ

Or via Email: creditfileamendments@virginmedia.co.uk

The only time they will make a change to the file though is if we've either defaulted the account by mistake or full payment is made. 

I hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos