My number is supposed to have been ported but my phone (iPhone 6s) says "No service". I've called VM twice and both times they said that they'd call back but haven't.
I've done the usual: Reset network settings, reinserted SIM, and tried setting carrier to manual (message: "Unable to load network list"). Under General > About > Network, it says "Not available" and when you tap that, it says "SIM not provisioned". The phone was previously with EE. The phone was working prior to the port with the VM SIM (which is still inserted) and the mobile number associated with the SIM (which is different from the number being ported to).
Background: I asked for my number to be ported on 23/1/2017 and got a text message saying it would be done on the same day. At about 2pm on 24/1, the phone started showing "No service". I phoned VM at about 8.30pm and the person (Michael) said he'd call back. He didn't. On 25/1, I phoned again (10pm) and the person (Myrna) said the system showed the port was complete at midnight (24/1). She said she'd check with support and call me back in 15 minutes. She hasn't yet!
Thanks for getting in touch on the Forum. I'm sorry to hear that you've experienced a problem with your mobile number port and not received the callbacks that my colleagues promised. Has this been sorted out for you now?
If you're still having a problem with your service, please let me know and I'll be happy to look into this for you.
I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.
Virgin Media Forum Team
Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help
I am contacting you to angrily complaining about an issue that I have raised.
My issue relates to ongoing issues raised to 7+ representatives (and apparently 1 manager), since 31st and it is still not addressed.
Representatives names from dialling 0345600789 include:
Jessica, Janice, Janine... and apparently I realised I've spoken to a manager whose name they refuse to disclose unless I get a callback. But actually what does it matter cos no one can follow up.
I have sent in my PAC code to port my number over and now the number is out of service, rendering the phone unusable and no one can call me.
1) The Virgin SIM card was working before the porting of the number.
2) The phone is out of service in every location I have been since the 31st, despite promises that it will be in service from the 2nd.
3) Upon ringing my old number I get a dead tone. 4) 3 customers representatives made me go through the exact same troubleshooting process without suggest.
5) 2 representatives cut the call and not made any attempt to contact me back despite they have the number of another phone that I was calling from.
6) 2 representatives rudely insisting there are nothing wrong with their service was treating me like I didn't understand. (I have 9 years of telecommunications, cellular and broadband background).
7) After inserting the card to another phone it is still out of service.
8) I didn't not receive any callback as they've promised everyday and it has only been me that has chased up as a result of not receiving the call back.
9) Repeatedly provided my details despite given then already on the same code.
10) Notes on the conversations are not recorded on their system as I get asked the same questions over and over.
I am absolutely appalled by how I've been treated as a new customer and hearing whilst waiting on the phone that I am getting "best customer services" makes me angry not to mention the fact that Virgin advertising that switching to them "is as easy as 1, 2 and 3"???
If porting a number is going to take longer then tell me, if there is a fault in the system then be humble and just tell me and I would have been more accepting. Do not lie to me or fob me off thinking I was born yesterday. This is absolutely disgraceful, incompetent and totally unprofessional!
I am now at a total loss in what to do... I have signed up and paying for a service that I am not receiving and am none the wiser. Regrets for switching.
The main problem is customer services. They are too inexperienced to deal with porting issues. Of the four people I spoke to, none escalated the issue to the tech team or the porting team. They are supposed to do that. Notes are recorded (at least some times) because when I spoke to the tech team, they saw them!
Virgin desperately need to do something about customer services. At the very least, they need to escalate to the tech or porting teams sooner than they do and without being asked by the customer.
Your symptoms sound similar to mine. Before I spoke to the tech team (on a later call), I actually got through to the porting team, who customers aren't supposed to talk to. They looked into the issue straight away and identified the issue as a Vodafone routing problem. I was porting from EE but the number originally came from Vodafone. So the port was incomplete. They said they would contact Vodafone. The problem was corrected but since no one phoned me, I never found out whether it was a routing issue or something else.
You can't speak to the porting team. However, call customer services and ask to speak to the tech team. The person I spoke to (Sam) was very good.