Menu
Demand
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Phone line rental

Hi all,virgin have introduced a fixed price rental for the over 65 and those with medical problems like hearing and so on,the only problem is that if you have another service with them,you can,t have it,the idea is of fixed price is good,you even get a £5 dicount if you have talk unlimited,but why penalise people for having another service.

I could go to sky say and just have tv off them

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Phone line rental

Hi Demand

Welcome to the community and many thanks for getting in touch with us about the fixed price line rental services we offer for those over 65 Smiley Happy

The single service discount is available for those customers specifically because we do not discount single services with line rental only normally.

If a customer has Phone and Broadband with us or TV and Broadband with us, they will also have a normal monthly discount with this that equates to their overall package being reduced so you should be getting a discount as a customer with dual services.

If this isn't the case then please have a chat with the teams either via 150 or 0345 454 1111 or via Webchat  where our teams can clear security with you and look into the package options you have with us Smiley Very Happy

Keep us posted on how this goes and if you need anything else, just give us a shout!

Karen_A

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddyn Newydd Dda

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Demand
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It would seem Karen_A that the only way you can see if you have a discount is to price each service up as individual services, add them up and then look at what you are paying for them as a bundle.

This is the same practice as all other company's ,so yes discount , but only because you are spending more with Virgin , the discount I mention is over and above , so , if I did away with my broadband and TiVo box , I would then be able to get a fixed line rental for the rest of my life ,this would not stop me from going elsewhere to get broadband at a discount , I do not get my tv with Virgin as I am on the "M" package which is Freeview  ,in fact, I am not certain that the TiVo box counts as a service because it is only for recording .

So , back to what I first said , am I better off just keeping the phone line and in the years to come ,saving money because of no increase on it unlike every other service that keeps going up.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

The is VM following suit with BT who are also offering a single service discount for those with just a phone line. The discount does what it says on the tin. It protects the people who can only afford a phone & need it for essential contact.

Yes you could take TV from Sky (without the multi-service discount). You could also take Broadband from elsewhere, but considering you also need a BT phone line to get that service (unless you go mobile) you will pay inflated prices for that as well. New rules do stop the separate charging of line rental & broadband costs, but bills will certainly not go down because of it.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Demand
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply and I do understand , but a lot of people over the age of 65 and those with health problems will have at least a TV , I would like to find out how many people only have a phone line and I still say that it is sending the wrong message out to those people ,saying you can't have any other service if you wish this discount ,I think the basic idea is good to be honest , my neighbour does not have the internet and only the basic tv  (freeview ), so she might benefit from it and I shall tell her , but still annoying , because I am a pensioner and she is better off than me , so how does that work ,not bad feelings, just puzzled .

0 Kudos